Page 409 of 545 FirstFirst ... 309359399406407408409410411412419459509 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftheboard View Post
    How is it that I obtained such an onject of immense ingenuity? I want the internets, oh yes give it to me.
    The internet isn't ingenious.Ingenious is how you tricked your parents into not killing you as a child.

Well, the internet was cleverly and originally devised by many people, the idea came about by Leonard kleinrock in the 1960s. You can deface the internet by saying it isn't ingenious (ingenious meaning clever and original) but I beg to differ.

2. Lounge   -   #4082
    I could of said that all to begin with, but I'm a noob.

3. Lounge   -   #4083
    So, you're saying that the internet isn't ingenious? Why so? I don't know about you but it's the largest group of information in the world, you can access plenty of stuff for free, you can download illegally (wow so cool), and many of us use the internet practically every day. It's an aspect of our day.

4. Lounge   -   #4084
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

The internet isn't ingenious.Ingenious is how you tricked your parents into not killing you as a child.

Well, the internet was cleverly and originally devised by many people, the idea came about by Leonard kleinrock in the 1960s. You can deface the internet by saying it isn't ingenious (ingenious meaning clever and original) but I beg to differ.

Ingenious infenious.The internet is pure evil,true story.

Before the internet and the World getting "small" people generally had a sense of wonder about a lot of things but not anymore.
    Also people used to be forced to actually remember stuff, now they just look it up on Google or take a picture of it on their iPhone. That and people use to talk whereas now they "chat" or worse,text.

Hear what I say and believe me later, contrary to what most would have you believe convenience isn't always a good thing ,nor is living until you're 100 nor is any movie ever made starring Adam Sandler.
    I don't make these truths I just report on them.

Btw is there some other ingenious not meaning "clever and original" that I'm unaware of.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #4085

Ingenious infenious.The internet is pure evil,true story.

Before the internet and the World getting "small" people generally had a sense of wonder about a lot of things but not anymore.
    Also people used to be forced to actually remember stuff, now they just look it up on Google or take a picture of it on their iPhone. That and people use to talk whereas now they "chat" or worse,text.

Hear what I say and believe me later, contrary to what most would have you believe convenience isn't always a good thing ,nor is living until you're 100 nor is any movie ever made starring Adam Sandler.
    I don't make these truths I just report on them.

Btw is there some other ingenious not meaning "clever and original" that I'm unaware of.
    The internet may be pure evil but it doesn't oppose the fact it's original and clever. The idea itself is clever but on the long run it has diminished civilization and even the reason behind obtaining knowledge. Us humans thrive on understanding concepts, we just need to know them. Yet, when we understand the concepts it puts us in a state of realisation, we're grasping reality. The statement "knowledge is power" isn't applicable anymore as we can access practically every source of information on the internet. We have diminished civilization by the internet, intelligence isn't needed much anymore and knowledge can be obtained at any given moment by google. See, this is why I envy people who are stupid, hear me out instead of rushing to conclusions. Less intelligent people have happiness where as genius or even people with a grasp reality see the world for what it's really for, where as stupid people,well they don't understand much of anything really but a lot of them are happy. The internet's convenient there's no denying that, but as you said convenience isn't always a good thing. Also, what age are you? Just curious.

6. Lounge   -   #4086
    I meant to also say how reality isn't a nice thing, the more we understand concepts the more we indulge into reality.

7. Lounge   -   #4087
    Also, what age are you? Just curious.
    Bronze Age.I use to be New Age but ever since the weather has turned warmer I've been getting a lot of sun.

8. Lounge   -   #4088
    Witty reply, I'm still curious what age are you? This isn't to justify anything I have said because you're a certain age. Well, I'm 16 so hello.

9. Lounge   -   #4089
    Idol and Mega hanging with 16 year olds?

10. Lounge   -   #4090
    Witty reply, I'm still curious what age are you? This isn't to justify anything I have said because you're a certain age. Well, I'm 16 so hello.