Page 455 of 545 FirstFirst ... 355405445452453454455456457458465505 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    First I'm gonna watch some Peep Show (the comedy series, not an actual peep show, though that'd be cool, sort of). Mustn't rush these things.

And I've just gotten out of bed less than an hour anyways, so.

2. Lounge   -   #4542
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    They're having a football tournament in a park close to my house and I've come to the conclusion that any sport dependant on whistles and which lasts an hour yet is played in 7 second bursts doesn't deserve to exist.
    True story.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Lounge   -   #4543
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    They're having a football tournament in a park close to my house and I've come to the conclusion that any sport dependant on whistles and which lasts an hour yet is played in 7 second bursts doesn't deserve to exist.
    True story.
    Take it easy Yankee brethren... I'm sure he didn't mean it... he no doubt ran out of almond milk for his cereal this morning and when he cycled to his favourite local health food store, found that they were no longer carrying the spearmint version of Tom's of Maine toothpaste... It can fuck the best of us up... True story...
    Last edited by Vestibule; 09-07-2013 at 04:18 PM.
    No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated and disciplined.

4. Lounge   -   #4544
    So if I'm not mistaken what you're saying is that because at one time most people thought the World was flat,that made it true?In other news,football to real sport what music videos are to movies.

5. Lounge   -   #4545
    I also dislike the 100 metres but I'm being unfair http://www.scotsman.com/sport/more-s...-duo-1-3081660

6. Lounge   -   #4546
    Just hopped onto an hbo subscription for the online bits. 'cos, hay, they make good TV.

About five minutes in, I'm really starting to have second thoughts.

I mean, it's not the money (I basically spent more on a pair of skateboard trucks the other day, than I will a year of this, and then I ordered two pairs more). No, what it is is how poorly this shit works. I mean, forget watching things from my android media player. 'cos the app doesn't do hdmi. Brilliant. But fine, my proper computer is connected to the projector too, so let's do this!1...no. The Widevine media plugin keeps defaulting to a standard chrome installation, so can't use it with Iron. Ok, so I'll use regular Chrome...no, the plugin has crashed. First it did it when I tried full screen. Now I can't even watch it windowed. Brilliant.

Meanwhile, I could download entire seasons of what they're offering in a couple of hours, and once done, it'd work. Instantly. And I wouldn't be having issues if my connection dropped while I was watching, either. Brilliant.

7. Lounge   -   #4547
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    what kind of skating board are ewe constructing, SnnY? was gonna take my longboard (Sir Space Panda) down the seafront earlier but then it rained. It rained super hard.

/catching up on Wilfred, I'm three episodes behind and its still boring, they never give enough away of the overall story to keep you interested and the big Australian dogs antics are getting very samey... And on the subject of annoying, unemployed Slovakian benefit thieves the 20 of them whom illegally live in the flat next to mine are having some sort of loud lets be twats party. its a shared house made up of 4 flats and one bathroom, I'm sick of it always having abandoned plastic sandals on the lake that used to be a floor and for some reason it always smells of BO and seaweed. The one person who i assume legally lives here smells of sweat 24/7. He can afford a Windows smartphone but not spend £2 on some Linx Africa. He was dicking around in the hallway with some friends the other day and lent on my door, it wasn't locked and he fell into my place. I flipped the fuck out and used grown up language combined with an out doors voice and his two friends pulled him out but just seeing the sweat drip down his pimpled forehead made me want to throw up. Cannot stand the stench of BO knowing full well its not gym/sexy time related. It is fucking disgusting.

8. Lounge   -   #4548
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Meanwhile, I could download entire seasons of what they're offering in a couple of hours, and once done, it'd work. Instantly. And I wouldn't be having issues if my connection dropped while I was watching, either. Brilliant.
    If the other 80% (or whatever) knew how easy and good we have it, they'd beat down the doors. So far, The Industries have kept a large portion of the population ignorant, compliant, and afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Lounge   -   #4549
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    what kind of skating board are ewe constructing, SnnY? was gonna take my longboard (Sir Space Panda) down the seafront earlier but then it rained. It rained super hard.
    One of these decks with these trucks, black ones, and between the deck and the trucks there's one of these for each truck (tilting both trucks forward, to make the front one turnier, and the rear one less so). (It's only temporary, though, the rear truck is getting swapped out for one of these (the RT-S)). My skateshop was out of the tracker truck and more wedges and risers and stuff, so there'll be a lot of tinkering once they send those.

For wheels I'll probably put on a pair of yellow 75 mm seismic landslides ('cos they wuz on sale) for now, with Seismic Tekton 6-balls, again.

The idea is to build up something fun, but pumpable, hopefully even good for LDP (Long Distance Pumping, ie, something you can ride for long distances, and not just downhill, without having to put your foot down).

I'm also trying a pair of Caliber trucks on my Penny Nickel. And btw, be careful with the rain, it can mess up your bearings and get your board waterlogged. I only ride my Penny Nickel if it's very wet (it's plastic), and I put extra grease in my bearings to protect them.
    Last edited by Snee; 09-07-2013 at 08:32 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #4550
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Just hopped onto an hbo subscription for the online bits. 'cos, hay, they make good TV.

About five minutes in, I'm really starting to have second thoughts.

I mean, it's not the money (I basically spent more on a pair of skateboard trucks the other day, than I will a year of this, and then I ordered two pairs more). No, what it is is how poorly this shit works. I mean, forget watching things from my android media player. 'cos the app doesn't do hdmi. Brilliant. But fine, my proper computer is connected to the projector too, so let's do this!1...no. The Widevine media plugin keeps defaulting to a standard chrome installation, so can't use it with Iron. Ok, so I'll use regular Chrome...no, the plugin has crashed. First it did it when I tried full screen. Now I can't even watch it windowed. Brilliant.

Since you have a PC connected (and if you don't mind 720p) try XBMC and 1channel. Everything you could ever want to stream is there. Total setup time is about 10 minutes. Worth a shot.

yo