Page 90 of 545 FirstFirst ... 408087888990919293100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Sounds kind of stupid

2. Lounge   -   #892
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez View Post
    Can I jog listening to music on the iPad?
    Yes, with the optional iBackpack.
    Be sure to get this app http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/ga...t-with-zombies
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Lounge   -   #893
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Lounge   -   #894
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    That looks really cool, and seems like it could be motivating for those who want something to keep their minds on while jogging.

5. Lounge   -   #895
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

Start a hardware thread? I'm ignorant when it comes to this sound related stuff.
    The problem is basically that my pc won't detect the receiver, only the tv the receiver is plugged in to, thus not allowing me to output 5.1 from the pc. I read something about an edid override but I haven't a clue where to begin with that.
    I do hate to harp on, but try a straight HDMI connect to the receiver (without the splitter in the way) to see if this resolves the detection problem. That is the next step to see what is happening anyway. I will do some research on the receiver (particularly the version of the HDMI inputs) but how old is it btw?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. Lounge   -   #896
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post

The problem is basically that my pc won't detect the receiver, only the tv the receiver is plugged in to, thus not allowing me to output 5.1 from the pc. I read something about an edid override but I haven't a clue where to begin with that.
    I do hate to harp on, but try a straight HDMI connect to the receiver (without the splitter in the way) to see if this resolves the detection problem. That is the next step to see what is happening anyway. I will do some research on the receiver (particularly the version of the HDMI inputs) but how old is it btw?
    I'll give that a try tomorrow and see how it goes. I did have a problem with the xbox not putting out 5.1 sound too which was solved by skipping the splitter. I'm not sure how old the amp is.
    Last edited by Proper Bo; 03-07-2012 at 11:01 PM.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

7. Lounge   -   #897
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Been watching the new iPad unveiling. Looking pretty awesome.

2048 x 1536 "Retina" screen. 3.1 million pixels on a 10" screen.
    A5X processor, quad-core graphics.
    5-megapixel camera on the back which has 1080p recording capabilities.
    Siri.
    4G LTE!
    No price increase.
    This is a response to the already released Kal-El chipset based android tablets like the Asus transformer prime. They are based on the Tegra3 quadcore cpu's with NVidia GPU + 64GB SSD's, so it is a case of catch up by Apple in this case.
    It is becoming a tough call in terms of functionality whether you go the Apple way and use iOS based devices or Google and use Android devices. I will say I much prefer Android Honeycomb as an OS for my tablet over iOS, having used both an Android tablet and an iPad extensively, but I suppose it is horses for courses. I much prefer the ability to customise my android devices.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. Lounge   -   #898
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Hardware spam
    Bo's just using you, you know. He'll be away now to watch and listen to his Linda Lusardi dvd in high definition and 5.1 surround and he won't talk to you again until he breaks it.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #899
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Hardware spam
    Bo's just using you, you know. He'll be away now to watch and listen to his Linda Lusardi dvd in high definition and 5.1 surround and he won't talk to you again until he breaks it.
    a dvd isn't high definition

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

10. Lounge   -   #900
    manker's Avatar effendi
    nowaisrs
    I was wondering what the point was in paying extra for bluray. Not that I evar pay, I'm not Les or female.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.