Page 53 of 545 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Sorry, mate.

Closest I come is a John Flanagan, who may or may not be exactly the same. Probably not.

I just went through thousands of tomes, and it was hard work. Phew.

Get ur mam interested in Isaac Asimov, William Gibson or Charles Stross, and it may be easier is all I'm saying.

There may be some illegal downloads of some sort at mobilism and the like, though. Ran a brief gewgleling and turned up a couple possible results.

2. Lounge   -   #522
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I went out drinking tonight with an unusually large group of friends and acquaintances. One of my friends started flirting with and getting a little frisky with one of the taken acquaintances. They're both closer to 40 than 30, but she decided to take a tumble streetside and pulled him down with her. He responded with trying to break her fall. At the exact same time, 2 mounted police officers (they mount horses) were happening by, and rubbernecked the entire incident. I gave them a thumb and told them to go on their way, adding that we can handle the situation. Off they went, and then we explained to our friend what transpired. He's clearly fallen for the girl. He's sleeping one off with 2 lumps on his head, they both hit some parked cars on the way down.

I don't usually go out on the weekends, but a friend opened up a Sushi bar, and light drinking led to heavy drinking, you know how it goes. 'Twas fun.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 02-18-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Lounge   -   #523
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Sorry, mate.

Closest I come is a John Flanagan, who may or may not be exactly the same. Probably not.

I just went through thousands of tomes, and it was hard work. Phew.

Get ur mam interested in Isaac Asimov, William Gibson or Charles Stross, and it may be easier is all I'm saying.

There may be some illegal downloads of some sort at mobilism and the like, though. Ran a brief gewgleling and turned up a couple possible results.
    Cheers anyway, flowe. I did the gewgle thing also and it turned up a couple of long dead torrents but little else. Internets people don't seem to have much time for Ms. O'Flanagan.

Might have to dump a load of other romantic shite on her kind les and hope she doesn't notice the difference
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #524
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I went out drinking tonight with an unusually large group of friends and acquaintances. One of my friends started flirting with and getting a little frisky with one of the taken acquaintances. They're both closer to 40 than 30, but she decided to take a tumble streetside and pulled him down with her. He responded with trying to break her fall. At the exact same time, 2 mounted police officers (they mount horses) were happening by, and rubbernecked the entire incident. I gave them a thumb and told them to go on their way, adding that we can handle the situation. Off they went, and then we explained to our friend what transpired. He's clearly fallen for the girl. He's sleeping one off with 2 lumps on his head, they both hit some parked cars on the way down.

I don't usually go out on the weekends, but a friend opened up a Sushi bar, and light drinking led to heavy drinking, you know how it goes. 'Twas fun.
    Sounds delightful and, my my, didn't you post that at a late merkin hour.

Thanks for the clarification regarding the mounted police else your readers would have assumed that you directed fornicating policemen to be on their way.

While I've got your attention, what do you think about my assertion regarding apostrophes at the start of sentences:
    If you are to apostrophicise a letter, or letters, at the beginning of a word and that word starts a sentence, then the letter directly after the apostrophe should not be capitalised.

Makes sense, right.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #525

6. Lounge   -   #526
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I need to check that out. And you missed a phone appointment. I'm doubling everything
    I was still up a tree at 5:30 that day. Also, I have a 50% off voucher code.

Now go away.

7. Lounge   -   #527
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

Sounds delightful and, my my, didn't you post that at a late merkin hour.

Thanks for the clarification regarding the mounted police else your readers would have assumed that you directed fornicating policemen to be on their way.

While I've got your attention, what do you think about my assertion regarding apostrophes at the start of sentences:
    If you are to apostrophicise a letter, or letters, at the beginning of a word and that word starts a sentence, then the letter directly after the apostrophe should not be capitalised.

Makes sense, right.
    Given that the omitted letter before the apostrophe should have been the capitalised one, that's the only way to roll.

This should be pretty fucking obvious.

8. Lounge   -   #528
    manker's Avatar effendi
    You'd think so but it's intuitive rather than grammar cannon - which obviously puts Mary at a disadvantage given her disability.
    Big Kev also couldn't get it right, but that was because he prepared his posts using MS Word and it already had the green underline because of the unorthodox treatment of the word so he wasn't to know that he was committing a double faux-pas.

9. Lounge   -   #529
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    I need to check that out. And you missed a phone appointment. I'm doubling everything
    I was still up a tree at 5:30 that day. Also, I have a 50% off voucher code.

rofle

Phone me anytime, Ben. Now if you like. I've got a snazzy new phone and I like using it.

10. Lounge   -   #530
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70

Makes sense, right.
    Makes scents indeed. 't's probably better not to start sentences with abbreviations at all. It's just silly.
    Now go away.