Thread: Are There Loads Of Fake Movies Out There?

babaganoosh
    I've been trying to download brother bear, Thirteen and Intolerable Cruelty. I download loads of each one and when I try to watch them I get a black screen, the video is usuallly 1:02 long and the audio volume slider is greyed out. The files are different size, but yet are all 1:02 long. Also, you get a DIVX logo in the bottom right corner of the screen. using some utilities, it seems there's no audio track n the dozen or so I've checked, and other items that I've read indicate it's a fake (frame size doesn't change, etc.).

Are we getting swamped with fakes or what am I doing wrong?! THANKS!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by babaganoosh@16 November 2003 - 07:30
    I've been trying to download brother bear, Thirteen and Intolerable Cruelty.  I download loads of each one and when I try to watch them I get a black screen, the video is usuallly 1:02 long and the audio volume slider is greyed out.  The files are different size, but yet are all 1:02 long.  Also, you get a DIVX logo in the bottom right corner of the screen.  using some utilities, it seems there's no audio track n the dozen or so I've checked, and other items that I've read indicate it's a fake (frame size doesn't change, etc.).

Are we getting swamped with fakes or what am I doing wrong?!  THANKS!
    fakes or get k-lite codec pack but its likely to be fakes

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by babaganoosh@16 November 2003 - 07:30
    I've been trying to download brother bear, Thirteen and Intolerable Cruelty. I download loads of each one and when I try to watch them I get a black screen, the video is usuallly 1:02 long and the audio volume slider is greyed out. The files are different size, but yet are all 1:02 long. Also, you get a DIVX logo in the bottom right corner of the screen. using some utilities, it seems there's no audio track n the dozen or so I've checked, and other items that I've read indicate it's a fake (frame size doesn't change, etc.).

Are we getting swamped with fakes or what am I doing wrong?! THANKS!
    If youve got K++ 2.4.3 go to help/contents/audio and video/ theres a link for G-Spot which will be able to tell you what codec is needed to play that file. I assume you do have a codec pack downloaded. If your running an older version of K++ just go to FAQ at the top of this page itll have links for codec packs and G-spot. There are tons of fake files, using verified hashes and or getting the files size will help determine if its fake or real. Also using avi-preview or Video-Lan (which you can find a link for in FAQ) are very helpfull to view the file while its still downloading to tell if its mislabled or a bogus file.
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY