Thread: Comodo internet security and utorrent

Can someone plz explain this to me and is it safe?
    I've never had to deal with alerts so I hope I did the right thing by allowing?

I was using internet security in cis but I have changed to proactive security to be as secure as possible, so can someone tell me the best settings to use for bittorrent without having a ton of alerts/requests?

Has anyone here ever used comodo with utorrent?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator71 View Post
    Can someone plz explain this to me and is it safe?
    I've never had to deal with alerts so I hope I did the right thing by allowing?

I'd have blocked that request if I were you. My svchost.exe does not bind to that port, and barring the use of some dedicated software, I don't know why yours would. (I was unable to find more information on that port. Process Explorer could help here.)

so can someone tell me the best settings to use for bittorrent without having a ton of alerts/requests?
    Allowing all outbound access and restricting incoming connections to the port you're using in uTorrent should be enough.
    Last edited by anon; 02-10-2012 at 05:41 AM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    So only allow outgoing and not incoming connections in utorrent? I thought you need both allowed for seeding etc?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator71 View Post
    So only allow outgoing and not incoming connections in utorrent?
    No, I meant allowing all outgoing connections and only permitting incoming ones on the port you've used, although reading my other post again I can see why you got confused.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I don't suppose there's any tuts on this?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    There's always your firewall's manual...