Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help With Bittorrent Please.

Hi

Could someone please advise me.

Question 1

I am using the latest shadows experimental program and whenever I start a torrent it freezes after an hour or so. I have been trying to download fifa 2004 but it only downloads for an hour and then freezes, or disconnects . Does anyone know whats causing this? I have used other torrent programs like burst and this problem always plagues me

Question 2

Also can anyone tell me do i need to setup Zoneaarm pro to accept ports 6881-6889? when I first used shadows zonealarm asked me if i wanted to allow it to connect to the net, i clicked yes. Do I need to do anything else?

Cheers

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Originally posted by mr_x@16 November 2003 - 07:12
    Question 2

Also can anyone tell me do i need to setup Zoneaarm pro to accept ports 6881-6889? when I first used shadows zonealarm asked me if i wanted to allow it to connect to the net, i clicked yes. Do I need to do anything else?

Cheers
    No ...ZoneAlarm will give it whatever port it needs B)

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thanks.

Any idea on the freeze/timeout problem?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    freezes? very unusual indeed..incase we have not understood what you meant by freezes could you describe your understanding of freezes..

timeout..now thats another term that requires more explaining so we fuly understand the problem and could maybe give some ways of overcoming it...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I start a torrent and it downloads fine for a few hours and then it freezes whereas the upload and download ratess don't change, and no matter how long i leave it from then the amount i have downloaded doesn't change.

Could it have something to do with the total speed becoming too high and overloading my system?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by mr_x@17 November 2003 - 00:29
    I start a torrent and it downloads fine for a few hours and then it freezes whereas the upload and download ratess don't change, and no matter how long i leave it from then the amount i have downloaded doesn't change.

Could it have something to do with the total speed becoming too high and overloading my system?
    I have the same thing but just on a few torrent and I havent found anything yet.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    muchspl2
    yes it could be, are you useing one of these nic cards or running a older OS
    http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/#freeze

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I have a Realtek NIC, Im running Win98 but I dont think that thats the problem

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Originally posted by Benno@17 November 2003 - 00:00
    I have a Realtek NIC, Im running Win98 but I dont think that thats the problem
    Yep running win 98 is the problem, go into prefs>advanced and change max peer connections to 60 or below

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I had win98 I thought I was never going to leave but installed XP and love it u should get it too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast