Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye to a fellow Louisiana native

SelfMadeMMAn's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Guist, who was 48, died Monday after he fell while on a boat on the Intracoastal Waterway near Pierre Part, Assumption Parish Sheriff Mike Waguespack confirmed.

“Swamp People,” which airs on The History Channel, chronicles the lives and adventures of alligator hunters in Louisiana’s Atchafalaya swamp country.

“We are extremely saddened to report that our friend and beloved member of the “Swamp People” family, Mitchell Guist, has passed away,” The History Channel said Monday. “Mitchell passed on the swamp, doing what he loved. We appreciate your respect for the Guist family’s privacy and hope you join us in sending our thoughts and prayers to his brother, Glenn, and the rest of the Guist family.”

Sheriff Waguespack said that Guist died after he was taken to the Teche Regional Medical Center after he fell while on the waterway around 9 a.m. Monday, according to initial reports. Guist’s cause of death or the fall is still unclear at this time, though Waguespack said that he appeared to have had a seizure.

911 calls indicate that locals on the scene went to extreme lengths to try to revive Guist with CPR. WAFB-TV reported that witnesses asked for ambulances or a helicopter.

“You say he’s in cardiac arrest?” the 911 dispatcher asked

“Yes sir, we’re blowing and pumping the guy’s chest right now … It looks like he may have had a heart attack,” the caller said.

The History Channel said that Guist would have turned 49 on Friday.
    Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    At first I thought I was being told that an alligator murdered him. By the end it seems to be just an old-fashioned heart attack. Who is this guy anywayi, besides one of the "swamp people"?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary
    Who is this guy anywayi, besides one of the "swamp people"?

I think that's all one is supposed to know. They're a clandestine people with a strange chest blowing ritual which brings forth the swamp lord when one of their number gets alligator'd.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Eulogy by C&P. Made me tear up a bit...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Personally I feel worse for the gators they kill.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    SelfMadeMMAn's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Actually, the Guist brothers did not hunt gators. They lived off the land, ate fish and other things they could live off of. Guys, you may wanna get your facts straight before talking shit about something you obviously know nothing about. And his cause of death is unknown until the autopsy. So there you have it, but I know that it is not gonna stop the uneducated from disgracing a tragedy
    Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfMadeMMAn View Post
    Actually, the Guist brothers did not hunt gators. They lived off the land, ate fish and other things they could live off of.
    Why is it acceptable to eat fish but not alligators.

It's not like they're dolphins or narwhals or anything cool.
    They're actually a menace and one would think that they have to be stopped.
    Last edited by manker; 05-15-2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: gypos
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    OK I stand correct .No disrespect but I feel worse for the fish and other things they killed then. At least Guist was given the privilege of being allowed to die from natural causes.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Actually, the Guist brothers did not hunt gators. They lived off the land, ate fish and other things they could live off of. Guys, you may wanna get your facts straight before talking shit about something you obviously know nothing about. And his cause of death is unknown until the autopsy. So there you have it, but I know that it is not gonna stop the uneducated from disgracing a tragedy
    It's not something I personally know about or care about, thank you for killing off a few more brain cells with your 'tragedy'. As for the cause of death being 'unknown', heart attack is top of the pops when someone middle aged suddenly keels over (especially in america) so it was a fairly safe bet. One death is not a tragedy retard, and it is not someone you personally knew,he was a minor celebrity on a cable channel that lived in a swamp.

If you want an American tragedy how about the 37 million homeless people you have, over 10% of the population, that is a national tragedy.
    Last edited by Artemis; 05-15-2012 at 10:44 PM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Actually, the Guist brothers did not hunt gators. They lived off the land, ate fish and other things they could live off of.
    Why is it acceptable to eat fish but not alligators.

It's not like they're dolphins or narwhals or anything cool.
    They're actually a menace and one would think that they have to be stopped.
    1. I would consider death by narwhal to be acceptable as you would have a bad ass afterlife story to tell. You would be all lyke, "Cool story, bro. Losing a hand while shrimpin' that's interesting. Now let me tell you how I got this scar..." And everybody would be all: .

2. Gator is on my list of "Heck yeah, I'll try some of that!" foods. Maybe dolphin, too, if it needed to be put out of his misery. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    If you want an American tragedy how about the 37 million homeless people you have, over 10% of the population, that is a national tragedy.
    In all fairness, I'm sure SMMMA has seen the homeless situation rise in his area after Noah's Bush's flood.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 05-16-2012 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast