Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Life's Too Short

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Alright, so this show failed to entertain me in any way past episode 2. There were so many references to the show Extras, which ran on HBO back in 2005 (and I never caught it), so I decided to give that a watch instead. I say instead, but I still suffered through episodes 3-7. I am utterly tired of the cliched character being so vain that everything they do to preserve their image works against them. It happens to a degree in Extras, happens in both Offices, and especially happens here. It's the one thing I wish Gervais got tired of doing himself.

Anyways, if you've never seen Extras, watch that instead. "It's basically a sitcom where stars appear in the episodes as themselves".
    Gervais has always been more or less a one trick pony.The only thing that he and Merchant have ever done that doesn't seem to revolve around some sort of obliviousness and beating an idea until it's dead is Cemetery Junction which I quite liked.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Thoughts on Invention of Lying?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    I liked it to a point and I always like Gervais but it would have been ultimately less annoying if it stayed more the "look I can get you out of drunk driving" sort of thing than turning the whole last part of the movie into an anti-organized religion sort of thing.
    The film was far too light weight to be able to pull something that heavy off effectively.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 03-08-2012 at 11:59 PM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    I thought you were about to go onto another tirade about the allocation of Ed Norton's talents. On the opposite side of the spectrum from you, I went into that film thinking it was going to be mostly quirky light humor. So I was a bit surprised when they ultimately had to invent religion as a consequence of a fib. I personally thought it was brilliant to tie the two together and it made the film a lot more memorable than it would have been otherwise. I took it in like a deconstruction.

OK, well nice talking to you Idol, let's never do this again.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I thought you were about to go onto another tirade about the allocation of Ed Norton's talents. On the opposite side of the spectrum from you, I went into that film thinking it was going to be mostly quirky light humor. So I was a bit surprised when they ultimately had to invent religion as a consequence of a fib. I personally thought it was brilliant to tie the two together and it made the film a lot more memorable than it would have been otherwise. I took it in like a deconstruction.

OK, well nice talking to you Idol, let's never do this again.
    That's why you're a chemist.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    That's why you're a the chemist.
    And probably a different smily, I'm just not artistic enough to figure out which at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12