Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life's Too Short

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    New mockumentary from Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant starring Warwick Davis.
    Nothing groundbreaking as it's more of the same sort of thing that Gervais has made a career out of but I thought it was pretty good and the Liam Neeson segment pretty outstanding.

Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Liam makes lists, but doesn't take notes. It was fucking brilliant. I had only recently heard about this show, though it already aired its 7 episodes at the end of last year. I'm bound to check it out now.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Liam makes lists, but doesn't take notes. It was fucking brilliant. I had only recently heard about this show, though it already aired its 7 episodes at the end of last year. I'm bound to check it out now.
    Jeebus somebody actually bothered to watch what I went to the time and effort to post.
    I'm thinking if you ever considered asking me for money now would be the time.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    CQ1ST's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You're still on the ball mate - good to see - good to see

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Jeebus somebody actually bothered to watch what I went to the time and effort to post.
    I'm thinking if you ever considered asking me for money now would be the time.
    I'm on bored with most of anything Gervais puts out; original Office, Ricky Gervais show, The Invention of Lying, An Idiot Abroad, etc. I think I saw something recently on Daily Show. You had merely reminded me to check it out. I originally saw a clip with Depp, but this one was much much better. I had to watch it after this. I'm about 3 episodes in.

P.S. Can I have some Canadian Dollars? Any amount is fine, just no 5's.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 02-22-2012 at 08:50 AM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Then any amount isn't fine is it? Alright I can send you a Mountiebill and Bilingualfarthing if you don't think me being overgenerous.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Then any amount isn't fine is it? Alright I can send you a Mountiebill and Bilingualfarthing if you don't think me being overgenerous.
    I'm almost positive you can create any amount without the use of fives. Do you perhaps have a condition that prevents you from being able to arrive at certains sums without them?

Also, it seems like you're just trying to make other money sound Canadian. I'm after authenticity, not the face value, so you can undersell all you like. Underbuy?

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    haha... awesome... loved Liam neeson complaining to Ricky...

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Alright, so this show failed to entertain me in any way past episode 2. There were so many references to the show Extras, which ran on HBO back in 2005 (and I never caught it), so I decided to give that a watch instead. I say instead, but I still suffered through episodes 3-7. I am utterly tired of the cliched character being so vain that everything they do to preserve their image works against them. It happens to a degree in Extras, happens in both Offices, and especially happens here. It's the one thing I wish Gervais got tired of doing himself.

Anyways, if you've never seen Extras, watch that instead. "It's basically a sitcom where stars appear in the episodes as themselves".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast