Thread: News articles without source(s) listed on the home page

Urgent

To people who post news articles on the home page: If you didn't write the article by yourself, link to where you copied it from so that readers can take an educated guess at how credible the article is.

Thanks.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Oh well, looks like I'm the only one annoyed by this practise.

#foreveralone.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Actually I prefer this too. However, when I posted a link to the source whilst submitting an article, it was removed upon being published.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    I prefer to know sources too... always adds (or detracts in some instances) to the weight/validity of the article
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Actually I prefer this too. However, when I posted a link to the source whilst submitting an article, it was removed upon being published.
    I've only submitted one "real" news article with a source link, and it did show up. I do agree on that the source should always be mentioned.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I agree as well, to at least give credit to the person who wrote the article...

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    FWIW, I agree as well. It's respectful to the the person who wrote the original article and also to the readers of the article here (not trying to fool them into thinking you wrote something yourself).

[But also, I don't get upset about it if it's missing. If I read anything on the internet that I'm going to rely upon I usually google the first line to find out where it came from originally and where else it has appeared. And also because even valid credits are sometimes misleading if they're where the author got the article from but that article originally came from somewhere else.]

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    I agree as well, to at least give credit to the person who wrote the article...
    I'll give an example, the last article I posted was this one:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/content/1...-Borderlands-2

Interesting snippet, not much in the way of informative news, but I did post the source when I originally submitted it. However, when it got published, source was missing. It happened on previous occasions as well, so I was almost thinking it was a policy to remove source links.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Poster
    I could have sworn this used to occur but I notice that it's not happening recently. Adding my support for article posters to credit the author and website.
    It is always something.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I frequent that section, and would appreciate source mentions, too.