Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple sucks, don't succumb to iRape

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Nobody really knows me, so no one here would understand my hatred of everything Apple. Rather than get into that, here are some new stories I've heard about (out of MANY) that remind me if Apple were a person, it'd be a fucking douche bag.

Besides their overpriced bullshit devices and OS, they have a locked down App Store. Apple will forbid a South Park app on grounds of obscenity (source), but a Gay Cure app has no objectionable material (source)? It's an app that supposedly will cure you of your gay illness (not a gay illness, as in, "man this flu is totally fucking gay", but being gay as the actual illness). So there was a panel of near FCC-level tightwads that took a look at this app and said, well surely nobody will have a problem with this, we're all Puritan homophobes after all.

Now granted, there are possible ulterior motives at work behind disallowing some apps (that are of a financial and non consensual violation of your holes nature). Still, neither of them makes their shit toys any more appealing. When my wife lost her last iPod, I made her by a walkman, she was simply amazed at how simple she can maintain her music now that it can stored as USB mass storage (and uninstall that girthy itunes). The Android experience I get is levels above the experience of having to mess around on an iPhone. Alright, so I got into it just a little, but oh well.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 03-22-2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: clarify 'gay cure'

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    You got raped with an Old Geezer's cunt-apple?! No wai!!!
    Now go away.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Nobody really knows me, so no one here would understand my hatred of everything Apple. Rather than get into that, here are some new stories I've heard about (out of MANY) that remind me if Apple were a person, it'd be a fucking douche bag.

Besides their overpriced bullshit devices and OS, they have a locked down App Store. Apple will forbid a South Park app on grounds of obscenity (source), but a Gay Cure app has no objectionable material (source)? It's an app that supposedly will cure you of your gay illness (not a gay illness, as in, "man this flu is totally fucking gay", but being gay as the actual illness). So there was a panel of near FCC-level tightwads that took a look at this app and said, well surely nobody will have a problem with this, we're all Puritan homophobes after all.

Now granted, there are possible ulterior motives at work behind disallowing some apps (that are of a financial and non consensual violation of your holes nature). Still, neither of them makes their shit toys any more appealing. When my wife lost her last iPod, I made her by a walkman, she was simply amazed at how simple she can maintain her music now that it can stored as USB mass storage (and uninstall that girthy itunes). The Android experience I get is levels above the experience of having to mess around on an iPhone. Alright, so I got into it just a little, but oh well.
    If only they'd make an Android sentence constructing app, you'd be sorted.
    Now go away.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    I think iTunes is probably the worst piece of software installed on my PC. True story.
    Now go away.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    I wouldn't need nor use one. I have the following three methods of writing at my disposal: scientific (proper); legal (very tightly, get my money back proper), and internet forum (parenthetical). I would have called the third one email, but I post more on forums than I write email (as far as word count goes). Your assumption has been invalidated, and I apologize for misleading you.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    I think iTunes is probably the worst piece of software installed on my PC. True story.
    I wouldn't even try to argue... unless you are on a Macbook running Jaguar, Leopard, or mauling kitty cat, then I would say it's your OS.
    *or quicktime
    Last edited by mjmacky; 03-23-2011 at 12:15 AM. Reason: *or quicktime

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quicktime is even worse than iTunes, it's the most annoying piece of shit ever assembled.
    And that shitty pathetic bonjour service.

The list could go on and on. Apple does crap software, that's a known fact. Just take a look at the latest Safari flaws.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Quicktime is even worse than iTunes, it's the most annoying piece of shit ever assembled.
    And that shitty pathetic bonjour service.

The list could go on and on. Apple does crap software, that's a known fact. Just take a look at the latest Safari flaws.
    I couldn't imagine locking myself down to Windows/Internet Explorer/Outlook/WMP(streamserver)/*insert any random app where you have a microsoft default*. And then on top of that, only be able to easily install apps (and alternatives) from a Microsoft approved list... err marketplace.

I kind of doubt anyone is reading the articles, but to clarify, the gay cure app was published by Exodus International. It's some religious fervor bullshit (and Apple is A-OK with that).
    Last edited by mjmacky; 03-23-2011 at 06:32 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    I wouldn't need nor use one. I have the following three methods of writing at my disposal: scientific (proper); legal (very tightly, get my money back proper), and internet forum (parenthetical). I would have called the third one email, but I post more on forums than I write email (as far as word count goes). Your assumption has been invalidated, and I apologize for misleading you.

Why do you write like a spastic then.
    Now go away.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    I posted about that the other day. Get with the programme.
    Now go away.

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast