Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Everyone wants to put their hands on my package

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I have a package theft problem in my building. The UPS guys drop off the packages and run away, whether or not I'm home. They had stolen a cheesecake (gift to us), and recently a box with 3 bags of tobacco.

With the most recent shipment, I snatched it up as soon as it arrived, and removed the contents from the bottom. I supplanted the space with an empty mobile phone box, and where the phone should be I placed this note. I also ripped an EEPROM chip out of an old electronic board and concealed it within the packaging with electric tape.

subtlethread.png

My plan is to get some UV-activated theft detection powder, but wanted to do something sooner. Think this will be at all effective?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Simpler solution would probably be to just move out of the ghetto.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    It really depends on whether your lightfingered cohabitants can read sanskrit or not, whether they will feel at all threatened by your missive.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Y is yer tobacco in bags?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    My plan is to get some UV-activated theft detection powder, but wanted to do something sooner. Think this will be at all effective?
    Some wire, a 9v battery, a mercury switch, a shotgun shell with the pellets removed and a very vivid dye that does not come off easily would be a very effective theft detection powder.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. Lounge   -   #6
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    You could simply request UPS hold your packages at its office, or be placed in a locked box which the delivery guy would have a key, or contact the main office and work out another acceptable delivery option.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    UPS is garbage. They lost my package holding about $200 worth of Beer. They offered to repurchase my package and ship it to me for free, except that it was Westvleteren 12, and the production run for the entire year was over. I'd have to wait an entire year to ship the same package.

They also refused to refund me, saying it went against their policy. Morons.
    Ellipses go here.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cicero View Post
    UPS is garbage. They lost my package holding about $200 worth of Beer. They offered to repurchase my package and ship it to me for free, except that it was Westvleteren 12, and the production run for the entire year was over. I'd have to wait an entire year to ship the same package.

They also refused to refund me, saying it went against their policy. Morons.
    Way to slip in that you buy expensive, elitist beer. Douche. Still not nearly as cool as Macky's missing cheesecake. At least someone cared enough about him to buy him a nice gift. And UPS would have checked your ID before giving you the package anyway, and would not have been able to give it to you until an adult was present.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    visionze
    i want to get so drunk .. coz i cant handle me right now

10. Lounge   -   #10
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I had already made an arrangement with UPS to require a signature. They stopped honoring it recently, to which I didn't really protest as it became quite a hassle to get my packages (sometimes would take 3-4 days after it has arrived). So that's my doorstep. I don't need to wire a shotgun, I'm not a gun person. I'm a follow-the-UV-powder-to-your-doorstep-and-chloroform-you-when-you-return-home kind of guy.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast