Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's More Exhilirating, Exciting And Tense?

Poster
    I think that the main purpose of games is to act as an interactive movie. The game which comes the closest to capturing all the great qualities of a film is Metal Gear Solid 2, in my opinion. But even that can't compare with action films such as The Matrix, Bad Boys 2, Hard-Boiled etc.

Movies can offer so much more the games, and keep you really engrossed. A movie that captures the horror of the Silent Hill series would be utterly amazing and 100X more horrific then a game.

I also think there's a lot of technology that can be made for movies that can improve the experience even more. However I can't think of any features for games that raises them above the exhiliration of a good movie.

What do you think is better?

What are you? A Gamer, A Movie Lover or an Entertainment Junkie (Dedicated to both)

I'd say I'm an EJ, I have Xbox, PS2 and DC, love games and have an amazing setup for watching movies. However I think I enjoy movies more then games, I have a great knowledge of film and see around 106 films on cinema a year.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Games   -   #2
    Mr AnDy D's Avatar Poster
    playing online competition Age of Empires II: The Conquerors 4v4 arabia

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Well, thats like what's better? Sports or Multiplayer Gaming?

Lets talk about Single Player Games - Vs - Movies

Anyone want to list the pros and cons of both?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

4. Games   -   #4
    i'll do this just for you vamp:

MOVEIS U CAN GET BORED OF B/C ONC3 U HAEV SEN TH3M U KNOW TEH ENDNG BUT WIT GMAS LIEK MAX PAYN3 2 U CAN HAEV DIF3R3NT ENDNGS1!!1!1! OMG WTF ALSO MOVEIS R JUST MOVEIS U CANT CHANG3 THAM THEY R WT AER BUT GMES LIEK GTAVC U CAN DO WUT U WANT AND JUST ABOUT ANYTHNG1!11!1!!

hope that helps.

5. Games   -   #5
    Originally posted by Mr AnDy D@15 November 2003 - 15:52
    [QUOTE]

do u spealize in dm or rm? if its dm ill get some buds u get some buds we kick the shit out of each other...sound good to you? whats ur zone name?
    im I3OI2N_Leader_

id be the gaming guru..give me a week ill master any game

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by OmniZero123+16 November 2003 - 08:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OmniZero123 @ 16 November 2003 - 08:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mr AnDy D@15 November 2003 - 15:52

do u spealize in dm or rm? if its dm ill get some buds u get some buds we kick the shit out of each other...sound good to you? whats ur zone name?
    im I3OI2N_Leader_

id be the gaming guru..give me a week ill master any game [/b]
    Yeah, but think about it... No game can be as exciting as watching a hardcore action film, predetermined or not... It&#39;s just so much more exciting&#33;

And Omni, you should check out my one friend, give him a game, and his thumbs will adapt in a few minutes and he&#39;ll totally master it... I&#39;ve seen him finish Metal Gear Solid 2 in an hour and 43 minutes, skipping all the cutscenes and speech etc...

He doesn&#39;t even need a manual&#33;
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

7. Games   -   #7
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    This question smells familiar

Anyhow I like a good story (which is why I read a lot) so I&#39;d have to go with movies on this one. Ultimately a movie is much more rewarding for me than any computer game. The games I do play reflect this as well as I only really play RPGs or games with a solid story like Resident Evil.

@capslockboy (aka peerzyboy) But will you still be playing Max Payne 2 in five years time? Games date very quickly an very badly...but a good film is still watchable years and years after it came out. I won&#39;t give any examples as film tastes are very personal but I bet there are a few films from the nineties that you still rate...or maybe not?

8. Games   -   #8
    Originally posted by Withcheese@16 November 2003 - 15:32

Anyhow I like a good story (which is why I read a lot) so I&#39;d have to go with movies on this one.&nbsp; Ultimately a movie is much more rewarding for me than any computer game.&nbsp; The games I do play reflect this as well as I only really play RPGs or games with a solid story like Resident Evil.

@capslockboy (aka peerzyboy)&nbsp; But will you still be playing Max Payne 2 in five years time?&nbsp; Games date very quickly an very badly...but a good film is still watchable years and years after it came out.&nbsp; I won&#39;t give any examples as film tastes are very personal but I bet there are a few films from the nineties that you still rate...or maybe not?
    @didnt-read-vamps-last-topic-so-wodnt-get-y-in-caps (aka withcheese) i still play starcraft and warcraft1, i still play half life, i still play driver. i sztill watch pulp fiction, i still watch kill bill. my point being movies can get old they are what they are. starcraft i can do what i want i can choose what i do. movies u choose to watch them and thats it.

i play gta3 and i can decied to do a job, a rampage or just kill ppl and run from the cops. i decied to watch pulp fiction, i watch it i ahv no more choice i watch and thats it.

9. Games   -   #9
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by peerzyboy+16 November 2003 - 15:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 16 November 2003 - 15:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@16 November 2003 - 15:32

Anyhow I like a good story (which is why I read a lot) so I&#39;d have to go with movies on this one. Ultimately a movie is much more rewarding for me than any computer game. The games I do play reflect this as well as I only really play RPGs or games with a solid story like Resident Evil.

@capslockboy (aka peerzyboy) But will you still be playing Max Payne 2 in five years time? Games date very quickly an very badly...but a good film is still watchable years and years after it came out. I won&#39;t give any examples as film tastes are very personal but I bet there are a few films from the nineties that you still rate...or maybe not?
    @didnt-read-vamps-last-topic-so-wodnt-get-y-in-caps (aka withcheese) i still play starcraft and warcraft1, i still play half life, i still play driver. i sztill watch pulp fiction, i still watch kill bill. my point being movies can get old they are what they are. starcraft i can do what i want i can choose what i do. movies u choose to watch them and thats it.

i play gta3 and i can decied to do a job, a rampage or just kill ppl and run from the cops. i decied to watch pulp fiction, i watch it i ahv no more choice i watch and thats it. [/b][/quote]
    Well I suppose it all comes down to personal preference in the end, as I said I like a good story and each time I see a film I can enjoy it on a different level. A well done gone (like for instance GTA:VC) can almost rival a film but not for me. I can fully understand where you&#39;re coming from, but I still think games date a lot faster than films. Pulp Fiction came out in 1994, almost 9 years ago, are you still playing games that old?

I-did-read-vamps-topic-and-thought-it-was-quite-funny-then-forgot-about-it-so-I&#39;ll-give-you-that-one(aka Withcheese)

Cheers.

ps What made GTA:VC such a good game for me is the way it blended the interactive action with the movie-style script. Way of the future, perhaps?

10. Games   -   #10
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    movies make u relax, even the tense horror/action. games, ur tense no matter if u want to be or not. ur the dude surrounded be a hoard of dead people. but when u watch a movie, u can laugh ur head off at the guy on the screen getting raped by dead people. in games, u r the guy getting raped. not so fun. but games are great to get hyped. movies are 4 relaxation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast