Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is Mary a paedophile?

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I find in many ways the most insidious legislation, the long in the offing, data recorders in new motor vehicles. The reason why I find this so insidious is that the legislation is touting 'Event Data Recorders' when features include GPS location with logging (i.e. a log of route information ) and the ability to disable the vehicles operation, thus bringing about the thin end of the wedge where you need permission before you can drive your own vehicle. Also how the 'Event Data' information is to be used and by what specific agencies is not laid out, the actual use of the data by the government is quite amorphous.
    If passed (don't know what stage it's at), I'm sure there will be a number of workarounds and disabling modifications.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I find in many ways the most insidious legislation, the long in the offing, data recorders in new motor vehicles. The reason why I find this so insidious is that the legislation is touting 'Event Data Recorders' when features include GPS location with logging (i.e. a log of route information ) and the ability to disable the vehicles operation, thus bringing about the thin end of the wedge where you need permission before you can drive your own vehicle. Also how the 'Event Data' information is to be used and by what specific agencies is not laid out, the actual use of the data by the government is quite amorphous.
    If passed (don't know what stage it's at), I'm sure there will be a number of workarounds and disabling modifications.
    Senate Bill 1813 also known as MAP-21 has been passed and is set to be rubber stamped by the lower house with bi-partisan agreement between the Republicans and Democrats on the need for E.D.R. or Event Data Recording in vehicles. The bill proposes that all new vehicles rolling off the assembly line as of 2015 will be fitted with E.D.R. devices so I would say they are proceeding with an almost unholy haste and lack of public explanation or consultation about 'who' has access to your information, and who exactly you will need to get permission from before you can drive your car. It's a brave new world.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23

Senate Bill 1813 also known as MAP-21 has been passed and is set to be rubber stamped by the lower house with bi-partisan agreement between the Republicans and Democrats on the need for E.D.R. or Event Data Recording in vehicles. The bill proposes that all new vehicles rolling off the assembly line as of 2015 will be fitted with E.D.R. devices so I would say they are proceeding with an almost unholy haste and lack of public explanation or consultation about 'who' has access to your information, and who exactly you will need to get permission from before you can drive your car. It's a brave new world.
    I'd say they've been doing that with every piece of legislation that is sensitive for its breach on free speech and/or privacy.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24

I'd say they've been doing that with every piece of legislation that is sensitive for its breach on free speech and/or privacy.
    The Bill was first mooted in 2006 and has been in it's present form since 2008 and was something I had been following with interest as various arguments for more draconian provisions to be added such as auto-disable by V.I.N. code. The argument behind this (at first) being that evil-doers cars could be disabled while in commission of a crime. Over time this has gradually pervasively transmuted into an electronic clamping system where if government agencies (fill in the blanks they are currently unlisted ) have an interest then your car can be disabled. In theory this could be for back taxes, fines, parking /speeding violations, overdue library books, and it has not been defined whether this is solely at a federal, or a state, county, or even local level.
    The hilarious thing about this uber paranoid nazi piece of legislation though, right at the crux of the matter is, the people that the W.A.S.P's are really afraid of don't buy new cars.
    Last edited by Artemis; 04-21-2012 at 06:47 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    The hilarious thing about this uber paranoid nazi piece of legislation though, right at the crux of the matter is, the people that the W.A.S.P's are really afraid of don't buy new cars.
    Sure, but they do steal them.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    If they can circumvent the current bevy of laser encoded keys / keyless entry systems then another box is probably only going to add a few extra seconds to the work schedule, and most manufacturers are going to be fairly lacksadaisackal in their implementation of the devices at least at first, so that isn't really a surprise.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27

If they can circumvent the current bevy of laser encoded keys / keyless entry systems then another box is probably only going to add a few extra seconds to the work schedule, and most manufacturers are going to be fairly lacksadaisackal in their implementation of the devices at least at first, so that isn't really a surprise.
    I had a different image in mind. They steal the keys too, plus the wallet.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    My prediction: this will be stalled, not by civil rights activists, but by auto manufacturers concerned that these devices will hurt new car sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    My prediction: this will be stalled, not by civil rights activists, but by auto manufacturers concerned that these devices will hurt new car sales.
    As I said possibly the most pervasive provision of the bill is ability to disable a vehicle by V.I.N. Tag this in effect gives law enforcement the ability to disable your vehicle for whatever infractions they deem fit whether they be related to the vehicle or not it is still a major way to take punitive action against you as a person.The car manufacturers can take the junior staffers on as many junkets as they want, but this bit of legislation has some serious teeth behind it and no amount of lobbying and trips to Costa Rica and hookers are going to derail it any time soon, the senate and congress are both very firmly on the same page on this one goose stepping it all the way into a final reading before the Reichsfuhrer Congress. Then of course there is the GPS logging GPS location can of worms where logs of where your vehicle has been will be kept as well as it being to be pinged by GPS locator the same as your cellphone can be currently, it's a really creepy piece of legislation overall.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I really hate it when the rambling, conspiratorial nuts are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast