Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick reading of last few pages in thread

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    On the main forum page (such as the Lounge), it is possible to click on pages 1,2,3,4...[last].

I always find myself catching up on threads by clicking on that [last] page, then having to jump back the number of pages I am behind.

Just a small thing, but it would be easier to navigate directly to one of the last pages read if it were offered on the main page as:

1,2,3...[last-2],[last-1], [last] as on a daily basis, I am rarely more than 3 pages behind. On older threads such as "Last one to post...", the first few pages are almost of no use. Having direct access to the last 3 or 4 pages would get more use, IMO.

Just a small suggestion, but one that I would find myself using daily. I think others may also without even recognizing the change.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 03-30-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    What if it gave the option: 1,2,3,4...31,32,33,34?

If I recall from looong ago, I think that's an option or something.

yo

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    What if it gave the option: 1,2,3,4...31,32,33,34?

If I recall from looong ago, I think that's an option or something.
    That is exactly what I am looking for.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    There used to be a button which said 'view last unread' and it would use your cookie to take you straight to the last post you looked at on the thread.

I miss that button.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    There used to be a button which said 'view last unread' and it would use your cookie to take you straight to the last post you looked at on the thread.

I miss that button.
    I use that every time, though I don't think it's a cookie, something on the server side. I think this is the one you're talking about, right?

itsthisone.png
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    well fook me. it used to literally say 'view unread posts'. I've been lamenting its -disappearance- for about five years.
    Thanks, dewd :]
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    On the main forum page (such as the Lounge), it is possible to click on pages 1,2,3,4...[last].

I always find myself catching up on threads by clicking on that [last] page, then having to jump back the number of pages I am behind.

Just a small thing, but it would be easier to navigate directly to one of the last pages read if it were offered on the main page as:

1,2,3...[last-2],[last-1], [last] as on a daily basis, I am rarely more than 3 pages behind. On older threads such as "Last one to post...", the first few pages are almost of no use. Having direct access to the last 3 or 4 pages would get more use, IMO.

Just a small suggestion, but one that I would find myself using daily. I think others may also without even recognizing the change.
    You're one of those people who couldn't wait for voice control because using the remote was too much work for you then I take it.
    Now I suspect you're sitting laying there thinking "When the fuck are they going to invent a TV that you can control using brainwaves?" and "I hope the wife gets home from work soon so she can bring me the Doritos out of the cupboard".
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    You're one of those people who couldn't wait for voice control because using the remote was too much work for you then I take it.
    Now I suspect you're sitting laying there thinking "When the fuck are they going to invent a TV that you can control using brainwaves?" and "I hope the wife gets home from work soon so she can bring me the Doritos out of the cupboard".
    Lazy people are the reason for all of the world's greatest inventions. BTW, I typed this with my tongue.

***UPDATE*** Thanks, macky, that button is better than what I had in mind. Sweeeeet!
    Last edited by megabyteme; 03-31-2012 at 08:12 PM.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    You're one
    You're one of those people who uses Google search to visit a website you come to every day instead of using a bookmark.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 03-31-2012 at 11:02 PM.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    You're one
    You're one of those people who uses Google search to visit a website you come to every day instead of using a bookmark.
    That's because I had to use my last bookmark on the comics in today's newspaper. Garfield seems to be in some sort of predicament and I want to make sure that I find out how it turned out.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast