Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I use an NZB indexing site?

Hey everyone,

I would like to try to get full music albums, music box sets, vids, ect from NZB indexing sites.

I believe that indexing sites are completely free with no limit unless I don't go over my daily limit with my provider? I also think sites outside of indexing has a daily limit, and some require a paid subscription?

I have a 10 gig limit a month with my provider which is PTD.net. I'm not going to pay for a site. PTD is email, and they support the Usenet, and I have a 10 gig limit. Once I use it I can't download until the next month. I'm looking for sites where I could download everything for without paying for the site.

Would indexing be the choice? I find it confusing because the files are split in parts, and I'm not sure which files to download. How do I download?

I also would like to use SABnzbd. Is it a good choice?

Please reply back!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    There are hundreds of free sites out there to use. The best ones do have daily limits or require you pay a very low fee to subscribe and help support their site/server costs. nzb.org is great for free use and sabnzb but for album searches your going to have to pay a tiny sum for the search engine it's self. Sites like nzbmatrix or gingadaddy to name a few have great search capabilities allowing you to use "wild cards" in your searches and separate categories for all music, music videos and flac releases. Even though I am fairly new to NZBs I found it the same on torrent sites also. In order to find a site with all your needs your going to have to pay a subscription fee at least once every 10 years because the sites server is not running off a free or low grade setup. Allowing for better functionality enabling you more from a UI point of view.
    Last edited by 3Bees; 03-13-2012 at 08:19 AM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    I don't have any online form of payment plus I refuse to pay. I shouldn't have to pay. I was hoping that I could get albums for free. Torrents are free, so why does Usenet have to pay? They are greedy. I refuse to pay. So, I can't use one of those free NZB sites?

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Use a raw search like Mysterbin.com. Free and I have practically found all of my music that way.
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky12 View Post
    I don't have any online form of payment plus I refuse to pay. I shouldn't have to pay. I was hoping that I could get albums for free. Torrents are free, so why does Usenet have to pay? They are greedy. I refuse to pay. So, I can't use one of those free NZB sites?
    You are greedy, not them. Just buy your music off itunes or amazon if you don't understand why usenet (indexing) servers cost money to run. Some indexing sites choose to use advertising, some charge their users to fund their operations. There are many ad-supported newsgroup indexing sites around.

Kids these days...
    Last edited by heiska; 03-13-2012 at 06:22 PM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I think rocky is bitching about the usenet service.

rocky fails to see the cost burden of high throughput bandwidth, but then again he's just a yearling in discovery of the world.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Back to torrents then. The good stuff is never free. Why do you think torrents are so slow and depend on seeders and leechers? Usenet has the file it costs money to provide and maintain it and thousands of other GB's of data. You do have to pay. Cheap bastard.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Have you guys ever thought that I live in a home, and they keep track on every penny? Does anyone want to come over, and check it out?

Does anyone think I don't handle my own funds myself? Why? It has nothing to do with cheap. If I handle my funds by getting a credit card, my credit will be shot. I have one hell of a cell phone bill. Why? I don't control what I spend on. I am on a fixed income, and I think I'm rich. I picked up chewing tobacco today. I for sure didn't get the cheap kind. These people ask me why is my bill over $200, or more a month? I don't have the answer, so they don't get the answers. If I had the money I'll spend every penny. I just looked at my cell bill, and the payment made was $235. I can't afford it, but I do it anyway.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Honest question, how old are you rocky? 12?

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    if you don't like how usenet works then don't use it . Just download torrents from public tracker .

Anyway there are sometimes ways to use usenet for free , if you are patient

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast