Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TOR without TOR browser, and JAP?

I don't know what to say. It seems like I won't be able to make it pass the law?

I have Usenet with my ISP. Maybe I would need to find a free client then subscribe to groups, and download headers?

I don't know of any good free header clients. Well, GrabIt, but they have a large header bug. I tested it, and they were right from what I read. My headers downloaded, but I couldn't see them. That's because there is a bug.

Any client recommendations would be great. I have a 10 gig a month limit with my ISP, so I'll use them.

I need a client....

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky12 View Post
    Will this still us be able to download from torrents such as Demonoid without any legal actions taken place?
    No. It'll only evade any DNS blocks, which is what you first asked about.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Let's just clear up one thing. SOPA is a U.S. legislative bill that has currently been shelved (i.e. no vote has been cast for it). PIPA has also been shelved. There's a possibility that they'll vote on it in the future, but there is no such thing as SOPA and PIPA policies since it is not a law. SOPA, if ever passed, cannot reach beyond the borders of the U.S. since it would be a U.S. law. Some countries have initiated internet censorship policies, but they'll be called something else, consult your local fascist law for the details if that's the case.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    @mjmacky,

Thank you for sharing that info with me!

Will someone be along shortly to provide free header client, and possibly a tutorial for it? Or would you be nice enough to provide those recommendations to me?

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    I guess what I was trying to ask was "similar" to Forte Agent? Yes, there is XNews. Or maybe even XPN. I know XNews supports what I'm looking for, but I haven't tried it. Headers clients that are supports like alt.binaries? Who uses those in this day and age? I believe most folks are going with NZB's? Who actually sits in front of a PC these days using text-based header supported newsreaders? LOL.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    using tor is a great idea in theory, but you have to remember its relaying information across multiple points to not disclose the original source, which means you are going to loose latency and speed each time you add a point. since tor uses MULTIPLE points to do this you will be loosing ALOT of speed and gaining a ton of anonymity.... i guess way how important it is not to be known? realistically your chances are low of being caught. there are millions doing downloads everyday and only a hand full of them EVER get caught. your best bet is choose reliable sources.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Hey, thank you for the info with you replying to both of my threads. I would say that both Demonoid, and RuTracker are good, so would you recommend those?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123