Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I stay protected for July?

Hey all. I was reading something online about the July crackdown. I read the paid recommendations, but could someone very kindly please recommend some free options to help me stay protected? I believe my ISP doesn't support SSL on both ports which are 443, and 563. My ISP is PTD. Maybe use PUTTY as a free option? I don't know how to use it though.

http://www.techsono.com/usenet/faq/us-isp-file-sharing-crackdown (That is what I was reading).

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Don't go outside or spf 50.

Again seriously with the level of paranoia that you seem to operate at wouldn't the judicious option simply be to save yourself the worry and not pirate stuff?

I know that if I thought I'd die every time I crossed the road I'd probably only try and cross the road if there were no other option.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Perhaps someone in the MPAA is trying to learn something. And if that doesn't hit the mark, then I'll finish with this:

They're out to get you rocky, they're watching your ever move.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Don't go outside or spf 50.

Again seriously with the level of paranoia that you seem to operate at wouldn't the judicious option simply be to save yourself the worry and not pirate stuff?

I know that if I thought I'd die every time I crossed the road I'd probably only try and cross the road if there were no other option.
    Seriously, what are free options that are people using to still pirate? Will you please tell me? I believe no one is going to recommend a free VPN, right? So, what are other options?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I live in Canada where they haven't got around to filling in the movie/music thievery loopholes yet so I basically don't worry about getting "caught".
    When they do enact Laws against it I will probably download even less than I do now or give it up entirely.

I personally don't feel the need to potentially go to prison or pay thousands in fines so that I can listen to Maroon 5 for free.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    the safest if you ca be is SSL+VPN(it’s exceptionally difficult and time consuming to get around computer encryption—even if you have supercomputers to handle the job),personally i don't use any of them i'm not scared .

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by johhny View Post
    the safest if you ca be is SSL+VPN(it’s exceptionally difficult and time consuming to get around computer encryption—even if you have supercomputers to handle the job),personally i don't use any of them i'm not scared .
    My point exactly. That's why some people are bank robbers and some people steal money from kids on the playground.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by johhny View Post
    My ISP does not support SSL. Would it be possible to get SSL+VPN for free? Or that kind of encryption is not free?

http://hak5.org/episodes/episode-607

Would that be a good free tutorial? If so, how can I do this strictly on a Windows PC only? They got some steps for Windows, but most of the tutorial is sudo. I know sudo is for Linux, and that sort, but I have no clue with Linux commands. I don't even know BSD commands. Could someone recommend something else then what I found that be focusing on only a PC to setup a SSL VPN?

http://hak5.org/episodes/episode-607

Would that be a good free tutorial? If so, how can I do this strictly on a Windows PC only? They got some steps for Windows, but most of the tutorial is sudo. I know sudo is for Linux, and that sort, but I have no clue with Linux commands. I don't even know BSD commands. Could someone recommend something else then what I found that be focusing on only a PC to setup a SSL VPN?
    Last edited by rocky12; 06-05-2012 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky12 View Post
    Hey all. I was reading something online about the July crackdown.
    You should buy all the crack you'll need before July.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky12 View Post
    Would it be possible to get SSL+VPN for free? Or that kind of encryption is not free?
    Nope ... you don't get that kind of protection for free. At least not decent protection.
    Can you feel the LOVE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast