Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TOR without TOR browser, and JAP?

I have a few questions? I'm going to ask these as I go along.

1.) I'm interested in using the TOR onion router to not get busted. I found a TOR tutorial. https://help.riseup.net/en/tor would that be a good tutorial? Would it be recommended not to use the TOR browser, but what use a bowser I prefer such as Chrome? Since I find the Wiki tutorials hard to follow. Could someone recommend a tutorial for setting it up? Or would the tutorial above do the job?

2.) I was going to use JAP for anonymity with browsing. Should I not use both JAP, and TOR? If I shouldn't use both then what one does everyone recommend? I'm taking a guess by saying people would recommend using TOR?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Both of them are slow as hell for file sharing.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    What do you prefer to use for file sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by heiska View Post
    Both of them are slow as hell for file sharing.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I prefer to use no proxies. They're for pussies

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky12 View Post
    Would it be recommended not to use the TOR browser, but what use a bowser I prefer such as Chrome?
    Any browser that supports SOCKS proxies (and that's any browser nowadays) will work. There was a way even for those that don't.

Why would you want to use both at the same time? They're already slow enough as is.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    1.) Does Chrome supports SOCKS proxies?

2.) anon, which of the two should I go with?

3.) Are there tutorials for configuring and setting this up?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Oooh, I'm sure there are. And maybe Google can also help with your other questions...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I tried Google many of times now, and that was just for tutorials alone. I did not see any. If I didn't see any turorials then I highly doubt my other questions won't be on there too.

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Oooh, I'm sure there are. And maybe Google can also help with your other questions...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    this sites you trying to use or the proxies that mention above are not for filesharing usage!
    you missing all the fun when u using those things. (ddl is for speed, whats the usage without speed?)
    dont be such a pussie!
    its very difficult to bust you from ddl!

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I once wrote a tutorial on Tor because I wanted people to join relaying. I should update it since scroogle went down.
    But the best source of information would be Tor's own website obviously, torproject.org.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...sage-Anonymity
    Last edited by NesteaZen; 03-31-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast