Thread: Looking For A Voice E-mail Program That

I know its possible to receive voice emails from people with a voice recording embedded right into the email because i have received them. as soon as you highlight on the email in outlook express you hear a persons recorded voice.

But all the voice mail/email programs i can find only send the voice mail as an attachment through email, and a person needs to open the attachment with a audio player to hear it. most people are paranoid about opening attachments even from their friends. ( i wont open any that was FWD )

Anyone know how to embed a audio recording right into the body of the email its self

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Bump

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Double Agent
    back when the days i was on 56k i used to have eudura (not sure the spelling it's been too damn long ) and used it to send embeded voice files...

dont know if that helps

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    now do u meen a pre taped vice or a robot one?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Night Ass@18 November 2003 - 09:46
    now do u meen a pre taped vice or a robot one?
    Thanks ill try Endura.

I mean my voice taped and played back. there is a program called MimmixMail Download.com that sends a comic email to someone and they use a real voice embedded in the email. no opening attachments to hear the voice.

So i know if they can do it. its possible for me to record my voice and add them into the body of my email.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    DoHTML? If you're using html in your email and not just plain text. And it sounds like you are.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by DL.@18 November 2003 - 21:20
    DoHTML? If you're using html in your email and not just plain text. And it sounds like you are.
    I know some HTML. but what code do you use, and how would it work. the audio file has to be OGG or MP3 or some other small file. how do i embed that with a HTML code?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    OK , it's really simple. In outlook express, create message, go to format/background/sound

I've only ever used small wave clips so I'm mot sure what formats it supports but I have set it up to scream when someone opens their email. It plays automatically and loops as many times as you specify.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    You could try something like this as well:

Code:
    <html>

<head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
    <title>New Page 1</title>
    <bgsound src="file:///C:/XPPRO/Media/Windows%20XP%20Logon%20Sound.wav" loop="-1">
    </head>

<body>

</body>

</html>
    Of course you'd have to change the local source to one you'd uploaded somewhere.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Thnx DL im saving that information