Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Does This Ability Require Normal or Above Average Intelligence?

Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Why is everyone being so nasty? He's asking valid questions. Him being able to do something cool doesn't diminish you in any way.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Why is everyone being so nasty? He's asking valid questions. Him being able to do something cool doesn't diminish you in any way.
    1. There really hasn't been anything cool about being able to solve a Rubik's cube since 1985.

2. There's barely anything noteworthy about the extended digits of pi since the invent of the PC.

3. This is The Lounge, not Letterman's "Stupid Pet Tricks".

His "talents" are only slightly above "I can smash a beer can on my forehead", or "drive on the freeway with my eyes closed".

1. Tough crowd.
    2. Lame ass "talents".

I invite him to return when he becomes interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I said I would be impressed and didn't get a reply.
    The nasty people did.

Being nasty is cool and it makes you popular on the internets.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    The nasty people did.

My reply was only mildly nasty, but based on a genuine amazement that someone would not research an abbreviation, particularly after 2 separate people concurred with Skiz assessment, to which I received the rather facile reply that they are not up on contemporary internet terminology. The fact that forums and the general layout and abbreviations have been with us since FidoNet and the beginnings of the internet sort of astounds me in it's ignorance.
    The nasty part was saying the essay was boring as fuck, maybe I could have couched it in less flagrant language, but the basic fact is it was boring as fuck, and being nice about how dull it was was really doing said poster a disservice.
    Really nasty would have involved various aspersions about the posters lineage, sexual orientation, physical prowess and general ability to swim unaided in the gene pool.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    How is what amounts to "I saw a child do two things at once on Ellen (which I don't watch), but I can do three things at once, am I not special?" a valid question?

I mean, if mary did the same thing I'd just laugh, which is about the same thing I always do when he goes on about being clevar. If mary2 did it, I might fall asleep.

Owait, the child does three things at once as well.
    Last edited by Snee; 03-21-2012 at 09:22 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I was doing a spot of modulating the other day and noticed in an old thread that Mary2 is religious.
    It was just an inference but unmistakable. I arched one eyebrow and went about my business.

===

The above post is about transparency.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Well I think there's small minded petty jealousy at work here. I think being able to say Pi or whatever and do a Rubik's cube puzzle and that other thing he just said he can do all at once is pretty impressive. It's not useful, but then neither are you lot for the most part.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    The nasty people did.

Only if it's witty. If you're nasty just because you're scared someone might think they're cleverer than you and you can't prove they're not, you're just a macho dick.
    Last edited by Squeamous; 03-21-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: mucked up quote

9. Lounge   -   #49
    manker's Avatar effendi
    The nasty people did.

Only if it's witty. If you're nasty just because you're scared someone might think they're cleverer than you and you can't prove they're not, you're just a macho dick.
    nasty.PNG

I'm usually in the black, sometimes in the purple, my best work is done when sepia comes into play and makes me wonder what would happen if I ever ventured into white territory.

Pretty sure I've never tried mauve but I used to be in the pink a lot. Recently, though, I've come to realise that I'm much brighter than internets people.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19

nasty.PNG

I'm usually in the black, sometimes in the purple, my best work is done when sepia comes into play and makes me wonder what would happen if I ever ventured into white territory.

Pretty sure I've never tried mauve but I used to be in the pink a lot. Recently, though, I've come to realise that I'm much brighter than internets people.
    Coincidentally, I have one testicle tattooed blue; one black.* Sephia is for pussies.

*Found a tattoo artist willing to work cheap when I was 8. The left one is Papa Smurf, the right one Black Beauty. How was I to know popular children's shows would change? Was rather pleased to see the Smurfs come back in fashion recently...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast