Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Does This Ability Require Normal or Above Average Intelligence?

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cicero View Post

Oh you found that? I keep thinking it's one of my best gems. It's hilarious what people will overlook when they're in a defensive state.
    So it was disingenuous?

What's the point of saying that you're a Christian when you're not. It isn't as if it's that unusual and why would it have made a difference?
    Still one of his "best gems".
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    So it was disingenuous?

What's the point of saying that you're a Christian when you're not. It isn't as if it's that unusual and why would it have made a difference?
    Still one of his "best gems".

No argument there.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #63
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    So it was disingenuous?

If I recall correctly, Squeams and I were arguing about monkeys. And someone came to her aide saying unless I was a scientist it wasn't my place to hold the argument.

I responded with the fact that I can't be a scientist since I'm christian. Everyone overlooked it, since they were in a defensive state (as opposed to an offensive one) and did not pick the pointer up to berate me about it.

I think I've been vocal about my lack of religion in Macky's atheism thread.

I have a weird taste for anti-humor.
    Ellipses go here.

4. Lounge   -   #64
    manker's Avatar effendi
    So it was disingenuous?

If I recall correctly, Squeams and I were arguing about monkeys. And someone came to her aide saying unless I was a scientist it wasn't my place to hold the argument.

I responded with the fact that I can't be a scientist since I'm christian. Everyone overlooked it, since they were in a defensive state (as opposed to an offensive one) and did not pick the pointer up to berate me about it.

I think I've been vocal about my lack of religion in Macky's atheism thread.

I have a weird taste for anti-humor.
    I haven't seen the atheism thread.
    It sounds interesting though.

The thing I read wasn't what you just wrote, though.
    You mentioned doing some work for your church. People don't generally have a church unless they're religious.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    You mentioned doing some work for your church. People don't generally have a church unless they're religious.
    Disagreed. I respect the Church, I just don't agree with what it stands for.

I volunteer at the Church regularly, because I see it as a communal socializing hall for the neighborhood. I help people with fundraisers, cook food for giveaways and help advertise the daycare. To me the Church is like a library without the books. People still go there asking for help with filing taxes, help with getting on the internets, help with driver's education etc. I help the community through the Church.
    Ellipses go here.

6. Lounge   -   #66
    manker's Avatar effendi

I volunteer at the Church regularly, because I see it as a communal socializing hall for the neighborhood. I help people with fundraisers, cook food for giveaways and help advertise the daycare. To me the Church is like a library without the books. People still go there asking for help with filing taxes, help with getting on the internets, help with driver's education etc. I help the community through the Church.
    What. Help filing taxes! I'm glad that the churches around me don't get up to such shenanigans.

That you see the church as facebook for old people is great. It is completely dissimilar over here, however. Which may explain why it's fast fading here but appears to be stronger than ever over there.

There are church run youth-clubs in the evenings but I'm fairly sure that the majority of Welsh churches cater socially only for the people who go to bi-weekly sermons.
    These people are old and are dying out quickly with no-one to replace them. I don't know a single person my age or younger who goes to church for anything other than funerals and the like.

7. Lounge   -   #67
    chalice's Avatar ____________________

Hey, Teacher, leave them kids alone.

8. Lounge   -   #68
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    It wasn't interesting at all, I was trying to break up the monotony of Drawering Room non macky threads.

About the church thing, I went and volunteered at one of my old churches after I went agnostic. I drove one of the buses of homeless people we picked up in a central location in downtown and helped serve the meals. The price the homeless payed was being preached to for 2 hours about how God has a plan for them all. I thought I was OK with it, but after a while the concept was too much for me to humbly pay mind. I stopped going after rather negative feedback to my suggestion of having a separate dining area for those who didn't want a sermon. I would still donate my clothes there.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 03-21-2012 at 10:38 PM.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

9. Lounge   -   #69
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    It wasn't interesting at all, I was trying to break up the monotony of Drawering Room non macky threads.
    You fuck. Those merkin politics threads are the lifeblood of this place.

10. Lounge   -   #70
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    To me the Church is like a library without the books.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast