Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Snow White and the Huntsman

  1. #1
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Et tu,Bluto?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    23,863
    Thought I'd hate it but I don't.
    Fairly sure I'll hate Hunger Games though.

    "Go out and feel the course. Burn the uphill and soar the downhills. When you burn, you say soar. And when you soar, you say burn".

  2. Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
  3. Movies & TV   -   #2
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sitting On a Cornflake
    Posts
    480
    Yes. Surprisingly it does look like it might be pretty good. Snow White with an adult spin.
    As far as The Hunger Games goes, & although I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it , I just finished reading the first book. I kept hearing all the hype about it & the movie, so I thought I'd check it out & see if it might be the next Harry Potter type deal...& also surprisingly, it actually wasn't too bad. If they don't stray too far from the book's story line, the movie might not be bad either.
    Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

  4. Movies & TV   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Et tu,Bluto?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    23,863
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    Yes. Surprisingly it does look like it might be pretty good. Snow White with an adult spin.
    As far as The Hunger Games goes, & although I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it , I just finished reading the first book. I kept hearing all the hype about it & the movie, so I thought I'd check it out & see if it might be the next Harry Potter type deal...& also surprisingly, it actually wasn't too bad. If they don't stray too far from the book's story line, the movie might not be bad either.
    Sort of read the Hunger Games books .I say sort of because I found myself skimming through a lot of it since it didn't really hold my attention. I would lay part of the blame to that on me not being able to identify with the protagonist her being a teenage girl and all and part of the blame because the premise is more than a little "tired".
    Also minor point but worst character names ever. Effie Trinket?Primrose Everdeen? Caesar Flickerman? I mean seriously?
    "Go out and feel the course. Burn the uphill and soar the downhills. When you burn, you say soar. And when you soar, you say burn".

  5. Movies & TV   -   #4

    Heart

    thanx guys

  6. Movies & TV   -   #5
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idol's guest bedroom
    Posts
    9,585
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    Yes. Surprisingly it does look like it might be pretty good. Snow White with an adult spin.
    As far as The Hunger Games goes, & although I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it , I just finished reading the first book. I kept hearing all the hype about it & the movie, so I thought I'd check it out & see if it might be the next Harry Potter type deal...& also surprisingly, it actually wasn't too bad. If they don't stray too far from the book's story line, the movie might not be bad either.
    Much of the hype created for The Hunger Games might be related to the fact that it's on High School reading lists for English classes.
    prostitutin aint easy

  7. Movies & TV   -   #6
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Et tu,Bluto?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    23,863
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    Yes. Surprisingly it does look like it might be pretty good. Snow White with an adult spin.
    As far as The Hunger Games goes, & although I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it , I just finished reading the first book. I kept hearing all the hype about it & the movie, so I thought I'd check it out & see if it might be the next Harry Potter type deal...& also surprisingly, it actually wasn't too bad. If they don't stray too far from the book's story line, the movie might not be bad either.
    Much of the hype created for The Hunger Games might be related to the fact that it's on High School reading lists for English classes.
    You're hopefully kidding.Education should be about making you read old stuff that you have no real interest in.

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmed_dvd View Post
    thanx guys
    Please don't make a habit of posting this sort of inanity.When I saw this I came this close to killing myself and I have a cat to provide for.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-05-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Go out and feel the course. Burn the uphill and soar the downhills. When you burn, you say soar. And when you soar, you say burn".

  8. Movies & TV   -   #7
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idol's guest bedroom
    Posts
    9,585
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    You're hopefully kidding.Education should be about making you read old stuff that you have no real interest in.
    Not kidding, of course it's just a fleeting opinion I've adopted.

    Quote Originally Posted by IdlyDies787
    When I saw this I came this close to killing myself and I have a cat to provide for.
    Don't let that stop you, I'm sure the cat can fend for itself once freed from captivity.
    prostitutin aint easy

  9. Movies & TV   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Et tu,Bluto?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    23,863
    I doubt it . His name isn't on the bank account and since he's shown no interest in getting a job up until this point I don't see how he will manage the phone bill.
    "Go out and feel the course. Burn the uphill and soar the downhills. When you burn, you say soar. And when you soar, you say burn".

  10. Movies & TV   -   #9
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idol's guest bedroom
    Posts
    9,585
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I doubt it . His name isn't on the bank account and since he's shown no interest in getting a job up until this point I don't see how he will manage the phone bill.
    Thus begins the notion that I believe you are having sex with a cat.
    prostitutin aint easy

  11. Movies & TV   -   #10
    megabyteme's Avatar 174.61.81.171 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Behind me eye patch
    Posts
    11,418
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I doubt it . His name isn't on the bank account and since he's shown no interest in getting a job up until this point I don't see how he will manage the phone bill.
    I see you have some common disinterests.
    Quote Originally Posted by LubTheStaringCat View Post
    I use FTN, because you can find stuff there that's not on any other trackers...Not because of the size of there e-Penis.

Members who have read this thread in the last 60 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •