Thread: Snow White and the Huntsman

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Thought I'd hate it but I don't.
    Fairly sure I'll hate Hunger Games though.

Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Yes. Surprisingly it does look like it might be pretty good. Snow White with an adult spin.
    As far as The Hunger Games goes, & although I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it , I just finished reading the first book. I kept hearing all the hype about it & the movie, so I thought I'd check it out & see if it might be the next Harry Potter type deal...& also surprisingly, it actually wasn't too bad. If they don't stray too far from the book's story line, the movie might not be bad either.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    Yes. Surprisingly it does look like it might be pretty good. Snow White with an adult spin.
    As far as The Hunger Games goes, & although I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it , I just finished reading the first book. I kept hearing all the hype about it & the movie, so I thought I'd check it out & see if it might be the next Harry Potter type deal...& also surprisingly, it actually wasn't too bad. If they don't stray too far from the book's story line, the movie might not be bad either.
    Sort of read the Hunger Games books .I say sort of because I found myself skimming through a lot of it since it didn't really hold my attention. I would lay part of the blame to that on me not being able to identify with the protagonist her being a teenage girl and all and part of the blame because the premise is more than a little "tired".
    Also minor point but worst character names ever. Effie Trinket?Primrose Everdeen? Caesar Flickerman? I mean seriously?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    ahmed_dvd

Heart

thanx guys

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Much of the hype created for The Hunger Games might be related to the fact that it's on High School reading lists for English classes.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Much of the hype created for The Hunger Games might be related to the fact that it's on High School reading lists for English classes.
    You're hopefully kidding.Education should be about making you read old stuff that you have no real interest in.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmed_dvd View Post
    thanx guys
    Please don't make a habit of posting this sort of inanity.When I saw this I came this close to killing myself and I have a cat to provide for.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-05-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    You're hopefully kidding.Education should be about making you read old stuff that you have no real interest in.
    Not kidding, of course it's just a fleeting opinion I've adopted.

Quote Originally Posted by IdlyDies787
    When I saw this I came this close to killing myself and I have a cat to provide for.
    Don't let that stop you, I'm sure the cat can fend for itself once freed from captivity.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    I doubt it . His name isn't on the bank account and since he's shown no interest in getting a job up until this point I don't see how he will manage the phone bill.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    I doubt it . His name isn't on the bank account and since he's shown no interest in getting a job up until this point I don't see how he will manage the phone bill.
    Thus begins the notion that I believe you are having sex with a cat.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I see you have some common disinterests.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.