Thread: thecubenet

So, i came across this provider on some deal site thought i'd share it as i don't know how long it will last.

http://www.thecubenet.com/

They have an Unlimited account for $5.50/mo right now they are a highwind reseller, but as long as you download files fast after theyre posted you shouldnt have any problems with getting files.

If you're trying to save some money or just want to move from torrents to a more secure way to download i'd jump on this.

Use promo code "pricematch1" at check out to get it for $5.50/m
    Last edited by kkiller23; 03-16-2012 at 04:17 AM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    If something is $5.50 per month, you should say $5.50 per month, $5.50/month, or $5.50/mo., otherwise you're just quoting a lifetime fee.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    I figured most people would know newsgroups are monthly.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by kkiller23 View Post
    I figured most people would know newsgroups are monthly.
    There's also the block account, and "unlimited" could refer to transfer speed. Price and service structures are shifting around a little with the provider, can't hurt to be clear.

Edit: There is a consistent influx of new users diving into usenet's realm, they are likely to not know what's what.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 03-16-2012 at 06:51 AM.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I second thecubenet, great service good speed

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dblade View Post
    Just another highwinds provider but with added bs. A thread on the matrix had a guy saying he got emails from the owner saying he was using his block accounts up to fast lmao and others have had their accounts stopped for downloading to much. That thread had the guy downloading 24/7 at 100 mbits to see when he would be cut off but then the thread just disapeared today. So who knows if the owner somehow got it deleted. Anyways the owner obviously has ridiculous policies so there is no reason to use and support him with his mindset. If I had even close to a fast line I would download 24/7 to see where he cuts you off. Oh well.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by hdjunky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dblade View Post
    Just another highwinds provider but with added bs. A thread on the matrix had a guy saying he got emails from the owner saying he was using his block accounts up to fast lmao and others have had their accounts stopped for downloading to much. That thread had the guy downloading 24/7 at 100 mbits to see when he would be cut off but then the thread just disapeared today. So who knows if the owner somehow got it deleted. Anyways the owner obviously has ridiculous policies so there is no reason to use and support him with his mindset. If I had even close to a fast line I would download 24/7 to see where he cuts you off. Oh well.
    I should have mentioned that I am very new to Usenet scene and have only used thecubenet for a week. I downloaded 100 gigs+ and so far I have no complaints from them so far. Unfortunately I cannot replicate downloading the 100 mbits because my isp caps off the speed at 2 mbps. But I will let you guys know more about my experience in 1 month.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    newsgroupie
    Just another highwinds provider but with added bs. A thread on the matrix had a guy saying he got emails from the owner saying he was using his block accounts up to fast lmao
    At least the company gave him a reason. Newsdemon and ThunderNews (same company, BTW) have a long and shady reputation for throttling or evicting high-use customers while refusing to admit anything.

and others have had their accounts stopped for downloading to much. That thread had the guy downloading 24/7 at 100 mbits to see when he would be cut off but then the thread just disapeared today. So who knows if the owner somehow got it deleted.
    Considering that website owners can make a lot of money advertising for Usenet companies, should it surprise us that they can --and do-- intervene to protect their cash flow? (that's one thing I really like about Filesharingtalk: to my knowledge, I've never had a negative comment I've made about a company deleted from FST - and I have a bad habit of speaking my mind)

Anyways the owner obviously has ridiculous policies so there is no reason to use and support him with his mindset. If I had even close to a fast line I would download 24/7 to see where he cuts you off. Oh well.
    Companies like that have always been around, undercutting all competition with unbelievable prices -- and then promptly kicking off every customer who dares to actually consume the service they're supposed to be paying for.

Considering that all Highwinds resellers have to pay for the same backend service to resell, there's a fixed limit to how low any reseller can go -- even if they completely cut out all other expenses like tech support. Their upstream bandwidth cost is a considerable expense that resellers simply can't lower, so what do these new reseller labels do to make themselves stand out in a very crowded field? -------> Nothing new here, they offer prices below their average per-user cost -- and then kick out all the heavy users while keeping the light ones. And then, once complaints build up and their name has been dragged through the mud until nothing is left, start another .com "company" and repeat the process.

It's a strange business model that never seems to go away.
    Last edited by zot; 03-23-2012 at 07:14 AM.