Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: p2p didn't kill the music industry, the internet brought music costs to a fair level

Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    No-one else struck by the sheer irony of MikeB coming to a filesharing forum to extoll the virtues of iTunes?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Irony never stopped killing men killing each other in the name of peace or White people rapping.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    iTunes is a pit of misery on windows, and before icloud you would have serious difficulties even getting shit you'd paid for back, if you lost your local copy.

It's really the worst thing about iphones, people I know installing iTunes, then asking me for help when things get screwy.

And why download much music today? I can understand the occasional song now and then for offline usage, and some indie stuff that's really only available as mp3s on the artist's site, but between spotify, pandora and grooveshark, I'm pretty much set. And if you gotta pay for one of those to get access, that's still better than buying off itunes.
    Last edited by Snee; 03-24-2012 at 07:14 PM.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    And why download much music today? I can understand the occasional song now and then for offline usage, and some indie stuff that's really only available as mp3s on the artist's site, but between spotify, pandora and grooveshark, I'm pretty much set. And if you gotta pay for one of those to get access, that's still better than buying off itunes.
    Or even iheartradio. I also don't keep music in the iPod portion of my iPhone. All my music has been uploaded to Google Music's cloud storage and has a similar UI to iTunes. Any music I play is through the Melodies app which connects to my Google Music collection. With that, I have access to 20,000 of my own songs, on my iPhone. Way more than the iPod itself is capable of holding.
    Last edited by Skiz; 03-28-2012 at 07:45 PM.

yo

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Don't forget that Ituunes is only a crappy 192 bit rate.
    If they sold Flac files, then you could say that the internet has changed music.

So you (I) need Flac for you PC and Mp3 for your ipod or mp3 player.
    What color is your Adkaf ?

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by digmen1 View Post
    Don't forget that Ituunes is only a crappy 192 bit rate.
    If they sold Flac files, then you could say that the internet has changed music.

So you (I) need Flac for you PC and Mp3 for your ipod or mp3 player.

And yet you(I) don't.

Believe I know of these things since I spent several years trying to tell people that they "needed" a four thousand dollar bicycle as anything less was shite and they couldn't possibly enjoy riding it.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12