Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Thread: Shit I Messed Up My Com Big Time

Originally posted by dirtyoldman@14 February 2003 - 06:25
    i think i missed something.how did u install win95?did u do it on moms before you took ur drive back out?
    your cmos may not be seeing your cd drive.
    ummmm steps -- okay i installed windows98se usin my own computer... then i took out my hard drive and inserted to my moms computer to retrieve some files, after that when i plugged it back into my computer it didnt work... weird*... the first time when i tried plugging in my mom's hard drive to my computer it didnt work either...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #152
    Yes... now it is truly time to celebrate... i fixed my own problem...

weirdly enough, my floppy drive ide cable was not securely on... well half of it was on and the other half was slightly off... so i pushed it in a little more and then i plugged in the cd rom ide cable and it works now..

well i only checked my floppy drive ide cable because the floppy drive was visible but i couldn't get into my floppy drive, the conents wouldn't show

Hip Hip Hooary!.... problem totally solved.... it only took 11pages and a hell lot of posts...

bytheway thanks to everyone who helped me...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #153
    I saw this topic again just come up with Soul814 and i thought Oh no not again

Is it all sorted now are ya cruising

Can we break out the Beers

4. Software & Hardware   -   #154
    yes u can take your beer out and party... lol i posted that i solved this problem in alot of other forums other then this and someone actually imed me having the same problem... and they formated the drive and it didnt work... weird now...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #155
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Soul814@15 February 2003 - 16:57
    my floppy drive ide cable was not securely on... well half of it was on and the other half was slightly off...
    I wonder if that was the whole problem right from the start?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #156
    lol nope... since my boot disk worked... fine... i musta messed it up since i kept takin out the electric plug and thatz connected to my floppy one... old pentium one stupid mother board...all teh wires are so tangled...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #157
    Poster
    Classic. Loose cables cost. What an interesting thread.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #158
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Yeah, my Gateway is like that too. I just added a third HD and found that I had to flip my other two over, and move my floppy and DVD drives to new bays just so all the cables would reach. Now I can't even see the motherboard without unplugging a bunch of stuff first. Oh well, glad you're all fixed up now! B)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #159
    lol wait up... i told somone that is having the same problem as me to sign up, since they tried what i told them and it's not working... i was thinking you people could explain better ... and NO i did not have a loose ide cable when i first had the invalid system disk error .... sooo blahz! lolz

10. Software & Hardware   -   #160
    jetje's Avatar former star
    problem solved B) .... topic closed B)

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516