Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: A Pic I Shot Out By The Lake...

brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Flow In Charcoal

Flow In Charcoal.jpg

-doobs

2. Lounge   -   #92
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I like that version better. Are you doing these with software, or lenses/filters?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #93
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    I use lens filters, Photoshop/plugins, and a few other programs. I leave quite a few pictures naked (well, for the most part; however I have found most pictures can use some kind of correction via software).

-doobs

4. Lounge   -   #94
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    You've gotten some nice results. Most of my photography knowledge is in pursuit of helping my wife with her hobby of photography. I dig in occasionally and try to learn a bit, then when a holiday/chunk of disposable cash comes around, we head in that direction.

Filters and lighting effects were the last areas I dabbled in. We found some interesting, well-reviewed items on Amazon, and have played around with those a bit. Photoshop is one that everyone interested in this sort of thing should at least get their feet wet in. The ability to manipulate at such a realistic level- then print them out on professional photography paper is a kick. I enjoy creating something (which I haven't done in a long while) and try to pass it off as real. People give quite a bit of credibility to photographs (they'll believe it first, then ask questions later- if at all...)
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #95
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post

The other two replies were just racist.
    You ask manker if he would have written that without being inspired by racism.

P.S. manker, you could have extended the story, like add history and foreshadowing and irony and all those literature things. There's a lot to work with, I want to know more about Jamal.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. Lounge   -   #96
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    He said Just.

manker's post also adds additional stereotyping, obv.

7. Lounge   -   #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    He said Just.

manker's post also adds additional stereotyping, obv.
    Exactly, my point being that they were also inspirational.

8. Lounge   -   #98
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I won't divulge any more of Jamal's back story, because he's a real person with feelings. What I will tell you is the thought process behind my post:

The previous two entries to the caption competition were inspirational, that's why I quoted them and also added the pic to the post. Mbm's was inspired by Mary's and because his own creation was wittier, I decided to attempt an even funnier entry in the hope that others join in. To ensure this upward progression, I spent at least ten minutes discarding and adding ideas to the line, eventually deciding on crack rather than snow as the double entendre - whereas I feel sure that the other two entrants would have taken seconds.

The hope was that it would start something bewdiful, garnering greater heights in its exponential journey toward two dimensional x/y infinity.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #99
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I won't divulge any more of Jamal's back story, because he's a real person with feelings. What I will tell you is the thought process behind my post:

The previous two entries to the caption competition were inspirational, that's why I quoted them and also added the pic to the post. Mbm's was inspired by Mary's and because his own creation was wittier, I decided to attempt an even funnier entry in the hope that others join in. To ensure this upward progression, I spent at least ten minutes discarding and adding ideas to the line, eventually deciding on crack rather than snow as the double entendre - whereas I feel sure that the other two entrants would have taken seconds.

The hope was that it would start something bewdiful, garnering greater heights in its exponential journey toward two dimensional x/y infinity.
    Until the nazi called us racists.

10. Lounge   -   #100
    manker's Avatar effendi
    inorite

Nazi hippies are the worst.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast