Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mary pays off

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I don't know exactly where Mary originated or how it connects, but at its inception I didn't think much at all about it. Then I just got used to it, an interchangeable for macky. Now I think it has grown on me and don't want to lose it.

I just had a moment to explore the possibilities. This was sparked as Dave now refers to me as Mary in the comments of his blog. It portrays an image where it looks like he's now harassing 2 specific women on the internet. Classic Dave, always stalking women on the internet, wearing camouflage on a city street.

Last edited by mjmacky; 03-29-2012 at 08:14 AM. Reason: an important comma was missing
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    On second thought, when are we supposed to use the Dave smilie? I'm kind of confused on what kind of response it's supposed to represent. I mean, if we treat it like the other smilies, only the crazies would be able to use it appropriately.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I'm not altogether sure when we use that one.
    I only asked tesco to add it to the smiley list in addition to the far superior ones that Darky made cus I didn't want your efforts to appear unappreciated.

Also, remember the Dr. Cox conversation we had? Mary originated at around the same time. Before that I notice that Dave and possibly others, I think, were calling you Jacky.
    I think Mary is much nicer
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Agreed. Mary is the name of a sweet, innocent-minded, older church-going lady who is being harassed by Dave online.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    As for the Dave smilies, they are appropriately used anytime one would wish to punctuate that Dave rose to the level of mentalist (first one ever) to deserve his own, personalized smilie. How many people on how many sites on the whole of the internet can say they are that mental?
    Last edited by megabyteme; 03-29-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I do actually know of a different mentalist, Billy Dean, who had his own smiley - but I also had my own smiley on that forum too (the code was :batmank: cus the heartless admin bar-stewards decided I look a lot like Michael Keaton ((again with the curly hair)) or was it because I posted pics of me dressed as batman. idk).
    Several others did too but then that was The Moderation and not FST per se.

That made less sense that I originally intended but wtf.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I'm not altogether sure when we use that one.
    I only asked tesco to add it to the smiley list in addition to the far superior ones that Darky made cus I didn't want your efforts to appear unappreciated.
    I didn't actually mean mine, I meant the Daves in general. I also didn't realize that one was even mine I was just putting dave in colons

Also, remember the Dr. Cox conversation we had? Mary originated at around the same time. Before that I notice that Dave and possibly others, I think, were calling you Jacky.
    I think Mary is much nicer
    Did it really connect with that? The feminist in me is no longer your horny slut, thinking of cognitive dissonance is a real box block for her. Jacky wasn't bothering me, I was the one who promoted its use since it seemed such a poor diminutive. I felt like Dave's use of it was a justification of my inkling. That dig was sponsored by the feminist by the way.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Ahh, no. It just coincided with that. I aimed to provide timeline perspective.
    I started calling you Mary on a whim and that conversation followed shortly afterwards.

I quite like the idea of you having a feminist inside you, btw.
    Last edited by manker; 03-29-2012 at 10:59 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    As for the Dave smilies, they are appropriately used anytime one would wish to punctuate that Dave rose to the level of mentalist (first one ever) to deserve his own, personalized smilie. How many people on how many sites on the whole of the internet can say they are that mental?
    I was hoping we could use them outside the context of Dave. We should hold a summit or something. My suggestions are to use the balustrade when someone is paying too much unwanted attention to a person or idea. The regular dave one can be used for whenever any of us "just don't get it". It's just that smilies are typically used for animating our own reactions rather than pointing out others' behavior, it's a context issue and I feel like it would be terrible to waste the potential of their implementation.

p.s. I will one day learn how to consistently spell smilie, it's the won word I never seem certain of with regards to character use and order.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Ahh, no. It just coincided with that. I aimed to provide timeline perspective.
    I started calling you Mary on a whim and that conversation followed shortly afterwards.

I quite like the idea of you having a feminist inside you, btw.
    oic, there are several personists inside me and I made a post about it once. I don't think anyone liked it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast