Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Movie Ever

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by c-bob View Post
    Blade runner....i know it's a cult film but it bores me to death.
    More of a Michael Bay fan, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #222
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by c-bob View Post
    Blade runner....i know it's a cult film but it bores me to death.
    You can't say that one of the greatest movies of all time is the worst.
    As far as sci-fi goes about only Metropolis,2001:A Space Odyssey and maybe the original The Day the Earth Stood Still garner such universal praise.

You can say you don't like it but not that it's bad.

Because that would be stupid and you're not stupid,I hope.

Btw this thread defines off topic if you look at the original post.
    ....................................................................................................................
    This is what I like best about this forum.You can speak directly to a person and they don't answer you.

Anyway in my opinion what separates truly great movies from merely entertaining ones is that the truly great movies both entertain you but also challenge you and make you think.
    That's why even though I consider Aliens to be top two or three best action films ever,in the greater scheme of things it can't hold a candle to those other films.

And so I once again cast my words into the black pit that is this place.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-11-2014 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Seriously automerge, go fuck yourself.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #223
    Ok i highly dislike it as i dont find any part of it interesting or immersive but that's my opinion and i'm sorry if it upsets you.
    Last edited by c-bob; 07-12-2014 at 03:11 AM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #224
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The film plays with a time and setting where artificial life is not only inexpensive, but is valued as less than "real" life. When a small number of androids escape from a work facility, it is the job of Detective Drekker to track them down and destroy them. It turns out that all these beings want is to be allowed to continue living- that is why they were acting violently in the first place. Once the escapees have been destroyed, what remains is to determine if all of the androids had been caught, and how much life they would have left...

Yeah, hack writing from the start...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #225
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    The film plays with a time and setting where artificial life is not only inexpensive, but is valued as less than "real" life. When a small number of androids escape from a work facility, it is the job of Detective Drekker to track them down and destroy them. It turns out that all these beings want is to be allowed to continue living- that is why they were acting violently in the first place. Once the escapees have been destroyed, what remains is to determine if all of the androids had been caught, and how much life they would have left...

Yeah, hack writing from the start...
    And then there is also the always hanging and unanswered question of whether Dekker himself is a replicant? There are subtle clues to his being one throughout the movie....

But then subtlety and nuance are such poor replacements for twenty minutes of CGI explosions.....

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. Movies & TV   -   #226
    Jaws 3&4 first ones are always the best the more they make the worse they get.

7. Movies & TV   -   #227
    little miss sunshine....couldn't make it through

8. Movies & TV   -   #228
    The Wicker Man (2006)

9. Movies & TV   -   #229
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by arlord View Post
    The Wicker Man (2006)
    Where as the original http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070917/ from 1973 is considered one of the classic horrors of British cinema (and I heartily agree).

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. Movies & TV   -   #230
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arlord View Post
    The Wicker Man (2006)
    Where as the original http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070917/ from 1973 is considered one of the classic horrors of British cinema (and I heartily agree).
    Slow exposition,like brick by brick being immured alive(Poe ) or in one word "dread".
    There used to be a ton of it in the best horror movies like Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist and bad situations weren't completely owing to people being stupid which made things seem far worse as evil was demonstratively more inexorable.

Unlike the promiscuous couple basically sealing their own fate, back when horror movies could still surprise you,no amount of careful planning nor good intent prevented someone from becoming a victim.

Btw The Wicker Man remake is truly godawful,not that the person who spam posted it cares.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast