Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Movie Ever

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    (Poe ) or in one word "dread".

Yes, yes... frightening.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #232
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    That would be Dredd on the second,Fredd.
    Also please don't spam this serious spam thread.

Remember without threads like this that can be added to with mindless one word answers,we would never have the privilege of enjoying such eloquence as this......

Quote Originally Posted by mbtiger View Post
    what u dl u have to seed whats the email
    or this

Quote Originally Posted by kickmaan View Post
    Need one more like revTT i hade FTN ant sceenbits long time ago, 0-tracker like sceen movies will do fine =o)

regards
    and I say the World would be a far poorer place for it.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #233
    Quote Originally Posted by mbtiger View Post
    what u dl u have to seed whats the email
    Good giveaway!!!1

----------------

I'd suggest that this Fred title be changed to "Worst Movie Thread Ever" to reflect strict posting standards.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #234
    I could create a worse thread but it would involve dion's participation and I don't think that even to prove a point,anybody wants that.

5. Movies & TV   -   #235
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Where as the original http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070917/ from 1973 is considered one of the classic horrors of British cinema (and I heartily agree).
    Slow exposition,like brick by brick being immured alive(Poe ) or in one word "dread".
    There used to be a ton of it in the best horror movies like Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist and bad situations weren't completely owing to people being stupid which made things seem far worse as evil was demonstratively more inexorable.

Unlike the promiscuous couple basically sealing their own fate, back when horror movies could still surprise you,no amount of careful planning nor good intent prevented someone from becoming a victim.

Btw The Wicker Man remake is truly godawful,not that the person who spam posted it cares.
    Hmmmm.... we both keep harkening back to a time gone by, when actors had to you know, act in a movie. I have always enjoyed the suspense 'horror' movies far more than the toby gruntsplatter slashfests which seem to infest the screen these days. The original Wicker Man, Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist still reign as some of the greatest of all times along with Sam Peckinpah's Straw Dogs. The slow building of a feeling that all is not right, and the dawning of dread in the actors, building to a crescendo is what made a great suspense film. These days unfortunately the plot is too often telegraphed early on in the script, leaving little surprise or suspense to be had. To compensate for hiring monkeys as writers, the studios seem to counterbalance these inane scripts with ever more gory deaths and higher body counts, transposing true horror for splatter, and cinema is the poorer for it.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. Movies & TV   -   #236
    Honest point here, but I strongly suspect movies are being made for those with short attention spans/ADHD. I seem to suffer from this more than you and Idol. There are only so many pre-80's movies I can sit through. Those tend to be the well-known greats, usually with more flow to them.

Most of the older shows require a bit of a connoisseur's taste. An educated palate regarding scene, lighting, mood, etc. Not a criticism, but an observation. If one does not know of the detailed work that went into a movie, they are not likely to recognize the finer details as they roll past. We are suffering from a lot of mega-budget fast food, being served up to an audience of ugly Americans.

That said, we do still get some amazing films, but they require effort on both the consuming and production ends of things.

7. Movies & TV   -   #237
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    There are only so many pre-80's movies I can sit through. Those tend to be the well-known greats, usually with more flow to them.

Most of the older shows require a bit of a connoisseur's taste. An educated palate regarding scene, lighting, mood, etc. Not a criticism, but an observation. If one does not know of the detailed work that went into a movie, they are not likely to recognize the finer details as they roll past. We are suffering from a lot of mega-budget fast food, being served up to an audience of ugly Americans.

That said, we do still get some amazing films, but they require effort on both the consuming and production ends of things.
    No,you are just a mouth-breathing spastic,spastic.

Watch some of the "old" Hammer or Universal monster movies which while no one could possibly consider to be "Classics" still are infinitely more atmospheric,not to mention just plain fun then the insulting shit they are putting out nowadays.

Also name three "amazing" wide release movies made in the last 2 years and win a cigar or something.
    Geez even the ones nominated for Oscars only achieve that status because they're serious "message" or foreign movies and the Hollywood types who need to think of themselves as being liberal( and not the coke snorting heathens they actually are ) feel they have to vote for them.

8. Movies & TV   -   #238
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Also name three "amazing" wide release movies made in the last 2 years and win a cigar or something.
    I personally enjoyed Her and American Hustle. I thought they were very well done. I personally don't watch too many movies but I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could find another one, you jaded fuck.

9. Movies & TV   -   #239
    I'll step back from the standard of "amazing", but have made an attempt here to list movies from 2012- that made some sort of emotional connection with me:

The Conjuring
    Walter Mitty
    Prisoners
    All is Lost
    The Way, Way Back

Moonrise Kingdom (points subtracted for the unnecessary arrow through the puppy )
    Beasts of the Southern Wild
    Looper
    Cabin in the Woods
    The Perks Of Being A Wallflower

Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    I personally enjoyed Her and American Hustle. I thought they were very well done. I personally don't watch too many movies but I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could find another one, you jaded fuck.
    Came close to putting Her on the list as well.

Also:

12 Years a Slave (Which shows how it is worse to be a free man, then spend 12 years as a slave, than it is to be a slave your entire life )
    The Hunt
    Last edited by megabyteme; 07-24-2014 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Movies & TV   -   #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Okay,discounting the fact that good isn't even what we're arguing aboot,amazing seems to have as much value nowadays as "awesome" or "superstar " or in the case of those televised singing competitions,"You have one of the best voices that I've ever heard".

Fuck you.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-24-2014 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast