Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Needed: Invite to good general day tracker for RL friend

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    And if MBM isn't a member of FTN?
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    You're on FSC right? Why don't you make an app for him there. It's a general 0-day tracker with some nice packs.
    Speeds might not max out your connection at all times, but when talking about 'safety', you cannot go wrong with FSC.
    I was on FSC, but a staffer suggested that I had not been active (on either the forums, torrents, or logging in), and I requested the account be closed. Nothing but good feelings for the members and staff there. I tried to be active in the forums, and even committed myself to downloading solely from FSC (which is really not bad at all- even on torrents with 1 or 2 seeds), but just didn't feel I needed the site.

Ultimately, I have more fun on the public forums here.

****UPDATE****

I did send the link to torrentbytes to my friend. That is certainly a good site (it was my online home for the greater part of 5 years before I found FST) that will get him started in a semi-private environment. As far as I know, there hasn't been any trouble with DMCA notices.

I have had several kind, generous offers in this thread, and via PM. Honestly, I'm being like my wife when she is shopping for clothes- I have no idea what I really am looking for, but am willing to stand around like a bovine in the middle of the road with cars coming.

Apologies for not being able to make up my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    There really isn't such a thing as a great general site anymore when it comes to safety. It's more which sites not to bother with

Waffles: Music, apps = bitch to seed unless you're willing ot put effort into it.. at least a bit
    BTN: TV = Not easy to get invited, otherwise great
    FTN or SCC: Scene = not easy or bitch to seed
    BCG: Games.. this should be easily possible

Finding one site for all while at the same time looking for some kind of security isn't as easy anymore.

Screw security and find it all on TL and Demonoid + TPB
    Last edited by Night0wl; 03-30-2012 at 04:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    Green Goblin's Avatar who gives a f*** BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I think bitsoup is open, i still use this site, very easy to seed back.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    anigav's Avatar Dicks-lexic
    Supertorrents ? Will that suit your requirements?

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    **UPDATE** I have decided to murder my friend in his sleep rather than have him donate for upload credit, cross-seed, jump on multitudes of unwanted/unneeded files, or jump through any of the ridiculous, time-consuming hoops that have become necessary in order to compete with seedbags who feel the need to have 40x ratios and TBs of files they will never make any form of use.

Regardless of my humor/cynicism here, I do sincerely appreciate all of the people who came to my aid with such immediate and generous offers. I am going to let my friend try out TBy for the time being, and see how he does on a site that has managed to bypass most of the silliness that has permeated the BT community at every level now.

This sort of minefield cannot be anything that was intended at the inception of the protocol. Unless I'm mistaken, the idea was to simply- let me say that again SIMPLY, and EFFICIENTLY, transfer files. Probably with the now alien notion that people would make use of the files they were transferring.

Overseeding has become a plague on the community. I think a vast majority of the individuals doing so are also of no real value to the sites they choke are members of. I have to ask, SHOULD SITES START EVICTING THESE SEEDWHORES?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    **UPDATE** I have decided to murder my friend in his sleep rather than have him donate for upload credit, cross-seed, jump on multitudes of unwanted/unneeded files, or jump through any of the ridiculous, time-consuming hoops that have become necessary in order to compete with seedbags who feel the need to have 40x ratios and TBs of files they will never make any form of use.

Regardless of my humor/cynicism here, I do sincerely appreciate all of the people who came to my aid with such immediate and generous offers. I am going to let my friend try out TBy for the time being, and see how he does on a site that has managed to bypass most of the silliness that has permeated the BT community at every level now.

This sort of minefield cannot be anything that was intended at the inception of the protocol. Unless I'm mistaken, the idea was to simply- let me say that again SIMPLY, and EFFICIENTLY, transfer files. Probably with the now alien notion that people would make use of the files they were transferring.

Overseeding has become a plague on the community. I think a vast majority of the individuals doing so are also of no real value to the sites they choke are members of. I have to ask, SHOULD SITES START EVICTING THESE SEEDWHORES?
    Sorry I lost interest focus somewhere around the middle of the first sentence so I don't know what you said after that. Regardless of that since you are planning on killing your friend(strange ,I make it a point to only kill my enemies and the occasional unwary stranger) might I suggest you then sell whatever of his organs you can and use that money to invest in a seedbox so if this situation ever happens to arise again you will have attained the necessary high user classes at all the better sites and then have all the necessary invites you shall ever need and won't have to go begging here like the lowlife you are.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 03-30-2012 at 10:32 PM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    might I suggest you then sell whatever of his organs
    I was planning to just eat those. The price of meat has gone up so much in the past few months that I haven't had a steak in so long that I will easily be able to mis-steak it for beef. :yum: And my kids have so few reference points that they won't be able to tell the difference between him that and fast food burgers.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    might I suggest you then sell whatever of his organs
    I was planning to just eat those. The price of meat has gone up so much in the past few months that I haven't had a steak in so long that I will easily be able to mis-steak it for beef. :yum: And my kids have so few reference points that they won't be able to tell the difference between him that and fast food burgers.

Just to be on the safe side I suggest you freeze his body first then.
    Btw since you don't need this thread any longer can I hijack it and use it to ask for high level trackers*.

*Purposely vague so not to inadvertently exclude myself from anything where everyone has a fast connection and talks about movies and music in terms of encodes and bitrates.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    Feel free to use it as a platform for requests of high-level trackers, hookers, cocaine, stolen cars, obscure sex toys, bodily mutilations/piercings/tattoos, and/or 14th century erotic tales...

Mi threada is su threada. As they say in Spanish, or whatever other silly, made-up languages.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast