Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Needed: Invite to good general day tracker for RL friend

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    One of my long-time real-life friends mentioned receiving a DMCA notice recently. I promised him an invite to IPt, but then found out they have recently taken away all of the invites. This leaves me kinda high-and-dry with my promise to help him out.

I've got invites to TL, but don't consider it to be "safe" anymore after receiving my own DMCA notice while seeding a torrent on there.

My ratio has slipped below 1.0 on RevTT, so my invites don't work there. Seeding back has not been as easy as it once was. I'm not a big fan of pay-to-leech. I don't want to set my froend up with the expectation that he would have to, either.

TorrentBytes doesn't do invites, although I remember them opening up A LOT of user spaces there recently- that one may work (thinking out loud).

Anyway, no other ones come to mind right now, but essentially, I am looking for a way for my friend to be "safe" while torrenting some general files. I don't expect any trouble with the account, nor any problems with him maintaining a ratio.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT- I should also add that an all-English forum would be preferred for him.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 03-29-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    So you're just trying to figure out which site to invite him to? Does this mean he's looking for access to an all around tracker, or is he in for just TV/movies primarily?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    So far, he's only used public trackers (he was on Demonoid when he got the DMCA notice for "Lorax"), and wasn't even sure what the distinction was for a "private tracker".

I know he likes movies. A reliable source for software wouldn't hurt, either. I think a good, easy-to-seed genera/0-day site would serve him quite nicely.

Note to those generous in helping/making suggestions: I will be away from my computer for the next few hours. Please don't take my absence as a sign of anything other than being away. Thanks.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 03-29-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    You're on FSC right? Why don't you make an app for him there. It's a general 0-day tracker with some nice packs.
    Speeds might not max out your connection at all times, but when talking about 'safety', you cannot go wrong with FSC.
    Can you feel the LOVE

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    karachidude's Avatar Excelsior BT Rep: +5
    ftn is safer than a lot of other trackers too,and better than fsc content wise,your friend could just use torrentleech for older things and ftn for newer releases!!

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by karachidude View Post
    ftn is safer than a lot of other trackers too,and better than fsc content wise,your friend could just use torrentleech for older things and ftn for newer releases!!
    You will donate so that you can invite him I'm taking it then?
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    for a casual user with no specifically formed interest i would recommend sites like Digitalhive and Filelist.ro and IPT(sad they disabled invites)
    despite having a huge userbase on FLRO i've never heard of anyone getting the DMCA mail in their mailboxes
    maybe that has to do with the site being offshore

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    BobFromAccounting's Avatar Is it Friday yet?
    Throw in an app for him at FSC, practically ratio-free and they could seriously use the downloaders lol

Not to mention he's pretty much never getting a DMCA from there
    Last edited by BobFromAccounting; 03-29-2012 at 06:31 PM.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Another good one is acid lounge. I have invites there if you say knows a bit about torrenting. I have several revtt too if you want to get him in there.
    Last edited by teflon05; 03-29-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    karachidude's Avatar Excelsior BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by karachidude View Post
    You will donate so that you can invite him I'm taking it then?
    i would if i it was my real life friend i was planning to invite.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast