Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday Brotherdoobie

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by chavis View Post
    Doobs will love the fuck out of that. This is fact.

I'll concede that The Jesus And Mary Chain are something of an aquired taste, but if you haven't acquired that taste by now, there is something badly askew in your brain.
    I knew you posted it for good reason. I literally had to stop playing it at about 1 minute in. My ears were bleeding...

In fairness, I did spend the last 10 minutes reading a bit about the band, and trying to get what they were about. Here's a post someone made on a review of an anthology collection page:

[...]They were the wake up call of a very mundane pop chart of the early 80s they more or less tore up the rule book. And to anyone dissing darklands or any mary chain album you need a reality check every album they made was genious.
    Honestly, I don't have much of a background in music, so I try to give the music posted here (which often has great variety and is more often than not enjoyable) a fair shot. JaMC was quite a bit too much for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?

I'll concede that The Jesus And Mary Chain are something of an aquired taste, but if you haven't acquired that taste by now, there is something badly askew in your brain.
    No. No no no no no no. Acquired through the use of drugs, eating chalk and running a chalkboard against the fillings of your teeth if you have any. Just no.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

No. No no no no no no. Acquired through the use of drugs, eating chalk and running a chalkboard against the fillings of your teeth if you have any. Just no.
    Yes.

If Doobs wasn't merkin, I'd give up all hope on all of youse cunts.

4. Lounge   -   #14

Yes.

If Doobs wasn't merkin, I'd give up all hope on all of youse cunts.
    If not giving up means you want to amplify feedback into my ears, please, pretty please, give up.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Oh and Doobie, I don't do birthday wishes, so instead I'll just thank you for your penal photographic technique. I've only dropped my phone a few times, but I'm getting there.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Feedback and white noise never sounded so fucking wonderful, you Japanese philistine fucker.

Just you fucking wait 'til Doobs gets here. He'll put you straight. He'll put you so straight you'll get bent out of shape.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Feedback and white noise never sounded so fucking wonderful, you Japanese philistine fucker.

Just you fucking wait 'til Doobs gets here. He'll put you straight. He'll put you so straight you'll get bent out of shape.
    Then I'll shit all over it and I guess we'll come around full circle. Anyways...

I found 1, 1!, Jesus and the Mary Chain song I could like.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    P.S.

Feces and placenta never tasted so delicious is not a slogan that would uproot my dietary choices for immediate consumption of the advertised.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Excellent.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    P.S.

Feces and placenta never tasted so delicious is not a slogan that would uproot my dietary choices for immediate consumption of the advertised.
    You obviously haven't been frequenting the authentic shite and afterbirth joints. Check out the shite and placenta quarter in New York. It's a little taste of home.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast