Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 53

Thread: I had a better morning than Mary

  1. #31
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,265
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Louie.
    Ellipses go here.

  2. ** DONATE to REMOVE This Ad On The Site!! **
    Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
  3. Lounge   -   #32
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    43,186
    Movieworld in-jokes.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  4. Lounge   -   #33
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idol's guest bedroom
    Posts
    9,771
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Movieworld in-jokes.
    More running gag than in-joke.
    prostitutin aint easy

  5. Lounge   -   #34
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idol's guest bedroom
    Posts
    9,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    I woke up feeling fully refreshed from a beautiful, idyllic fantastical dream of epic proportions!

    In my dream were a hoard of hot, topless men, each vying to make me breakfast. I was all like 'dewds, I'm hungry, I can take everything you have to give, don't fight!' and they were all like 'Grrr *jostle* *flex*'
    One in particular took my fancy, and I recall vividly sitting on his lap and feeling his muscles, and he was nibbling my ear and neck and saying FILTHY things to me that would make you ladies blush, but not I, because I'm made of sterner stuff than that .
    Anyway, I couldn't sit there all day wriggling around on hot guy's lap and giggling coquettishly because I suddenly remembered I had to go Go-karting! Next thing I know I'm zooming along country roads and beaches so fast the kart is almost shaking itself apart. I zoom past 3 lads, one of whom is freckly and ginger, and we race and I win!! At first I worry about not having any brakes but then some appear and I come to a slow, gentle stop and at that point wake up.

    How orsom is that!
    I had the pretty much the same dream, with only these key differences:
    -They only served salami for breakfast. I'm real finicky with salami, I can barely tolerate it on Cubans.
    -The ginger won the race

    Suffice it to say, it was the reason my day went poorly.
    prostitutin aint easy

  6. Lounge   -   #35
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,760
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I'd kinda forgotten he used to play drums.
    That didn't work, btw. Even the moustachioed uber-cool mister grohl couldn't hit the cymbals once without looking a bit bent.
    Ok, well stop laughing at your own jokes then. I'm afraid I don't know what else to suggest

    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I'd kinda forgotten he used to play drums.
    That didn't work, btw. Even the moustachioed uber-cool mister grohl couldn't hit the cymbals once without looking a bit bent.
    I watched this documentary on Foo Fighters and he's really a controlling jerk.First album they hire a drummer and then Grohl won't let him play on the some of the songs because he(Grohl) feels he can do it better.
    I'm with Manky, that kinda sounds ok. But in my experience I usually adopt the opposite approach. As the most experienced member of my unit I force my underlings to do stuff until they're as good as me at it. If Grohl thinks his drummer isn't as good at drumming as him he should make him play on every song they record until he's proficient. Then he can put him forward for an assessment related pay rise during his performance development review process. That's what I would do

    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I had the pretty much the same dream, with only these key differences:
    -They only served salami for breakfast. I'm real finicky with salami, I can barely tolerate it on Cubans.
    -The ginger won the race

    Suffice it to say, it was the reason my day went poorly.


    And suffice it to say I didn't dream of Dave Grohl last night either. I dreamt I was renting out a room of my flat to a couple who were really nice, but then all of a sudden the dream took a turn for the vomitous when I realised I was in a relationship with an old fat man who looked like the security guy at work. And he was feeling frisky. I woke up to the sound of my phone running out of battery so had to get up to get the landline phone and set the alarm on that at 6am, after which I totes failed to get back to sleep

  7. Lounge   -   #36
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Et tu,Bluto?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    23,747
    Re: Grohl.You really need to watch the documentary to get the full impact.Basically the whole thing is about how FF regularly implode because Grohl needs total control.
    Anyway is he justified in wanting to put out what he feels is the product possible?Of course he is but it's still a band not a solo act and therefore some compromise basically goes with the territory.
    Also why hire the guy if you don't think that he can do the job?
    "Go out and feel the course. Burn the uphill and soar the downhills. When you burn, you say soar. And when you soar, you say burn".

  8. Lounge   -   #37
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    43,186
    In all fairness, Dave Grohl is the Foo Fighters.
    Any other band member is completely interchangeable. It's Dave's ball and he can take it home whenever he likes, 'cus they can't play without him.

    In fact, after Pat Smear left, it practically became a solo act again, just like it was when he started it up.
    The rest of the members are non-charismatic, stock-musician fluff.

    I think it remains a group only because a band premise is easier to sell than a male punk/rock solo act.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  9. Lounge   -   #38
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idol's guest bedroom
    Posts
    9,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Ok, well stop laughing at your own jokes then. I'm afraid I don't know what else to suggest
    In his quest to understand and bring under control the abyss, the abyss infects him with a virus like organism that slowly causes him to adopt the ways of the abyss.
    prostitutin aint easy

  10. Lounge   -   #39
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idol's guest bedroom
    Posts
    9,771
    prostitutin aint easy

  11. Lounge   -   #40
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    43,186
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Ok, well stop laughing at your own jokes then. I'm afraid I don't know what else to suggest
    In his quest to understand and bring under control the abyss, the abyss infects him with a virus like organism that slowly causes him to adopt the ways of the abyss.
    Stop calling Dave an abyss or I'll shoot you in the face.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •