Thread: I had a better morning than Mary

Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Louie.
    Ellipses go here.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Movieworld in-jokes.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Movieworld in-jokes.
    More running gag than in-joke.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    I woke up feeling fully refreshed from a beautiful, idyllic fantastical dream of epic proportions!

In my dream were a hoard of hot, topless men, each vying to make me breakfast. I was all like 'dewds, I'm hungry, I can take everything you have to give, don't fight!' and they were all like 'Grrr *jostle* *flex*'
    One in particular took my fancy, and I recall vividly sitting on his lap and feeling his muscles, and he was nibbling my ear and neck and saying FILTHY things to me that would make you ladies blush, but not I, because I'm made of sterner stuff than that .
    Anyway, I couldn't sit there all day wriggling around on hot guy's lap and giggling coquettishly because I suddenly remembered I had to go Go-karting! Next thing I know I'm zooming along country roads and beaches so fast the kart is almost shaking itself apart. I zoom past 3 lads, one of whom is freckly and ginger, and we race and I win!! At first I worry about not having any brakes but then some appear and I come to a slow, gentle stop and at that point wake up.

How orsom is that!
    I had the pretty much the same dream, with only these key differences:
    -They only served salami for breakfast. I'm real finicky with salami, I can barely tolerate it on Cubans.
    -The ginger won the race

Suffice it to say, it was the reason my day went poorly.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    I'd kinda forgotten he used to play drums.
    That didn't work, btw. Even the moustachioed uber-cool mister grohl couldn't hit the cymbals once without looking a bit bent.
    Ok, well stop laughing at your own jokes then. I'm afraid I don't know what else to suggest

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd kinda forgotten he used to play drums.
    That didn't work, btw. Even the moustachioed uber-cool mister grohl couldn't hit the cymbals once without looking a bit bent.
    I watched this documentary on Foo Fighters and he's really a controlling jerk.First album they hire a drummer and then Grohl won't let him play on the some of the songs because he(Grohl) feels he can do it better.
    I'm with Manky, that kinda sounds ok. But in my experience I usually adopt the opposite approach. As the most experienced member of my unit I force my underlings to do stuff until they're as good as me at it. If Grohl thinks his drummer isn't as good at drumming as him he should make him play on every song they record until he's proficient. Then he can put him forward for an assessment related pay rise during his performance development review process. That's what I would do

Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I had the pretty much the same dream, with only these key differences:
    -They only served salami for breakfast. I'm real finicky with salami, I can barely tolerate it on Cubans.
    -The ginger won the race

Suffice it to say, it was the reason my day went poorly.

And suffice it to say I didn't dream of Dave Grohl last night either. I dreamt I was renting out a room of my flat to a couple who were really nice, but then all of a sudden the dream took a turn for the vomitous when I realised I was in a relationship with an old fat man who looked like the security guy at work. And he was feeling frisky. I woke up to the sound of my phone running out of battery so had to get up to get the landline phone and set the alarm on that at 6am, after which I totes failed to get back to sleep

6. Lounge   -   #36
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Re: Grohl.You really need to watch the documentary to get the full impact.Basically the whole thing is about how FF regularly implode because Grohl needs total control.
    Anyway is he justified in wanting to put out what he feels is the product possible?Of course he is but it's still a band not a solo act and therefore some compromise basically goes with the territory.
    Also why hire the guy if you don't think that he can do the job?
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    manker's Avatar effendi
    In all fairness, Dave Grohl is the Foo Fighters.
    Any other band member is completely interchangeable. It's Dave's ball and he can take it home whenever he likes, 'cus they can't play without him.

In fact, after Pat Smear left, it practically became a solo act again, just like it was when he started it up.
    The rest of the members are non-charismatic, stock-musician fluff.

I think it remains a group only because a band premise is easier to sell than a male punk/rock solo act.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Ok, well stop laughing at your own jokes then. I'm afraid I don't know what else to suggest
    In his quest to understand and bring under control the abyss, the abyss infects him with a virus like organism that slowly causes him to adopt the ways of the abyss.

9. Lounge   -   #39

10. Lounge   -   #40
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    In his quest to understand and bring under control the abyss, the abyss infects him with a virus like organism that slowly causes him to adopt the ways of the abyss.
    Stop calling Dave an abyss or I'll shoot you in the face.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast