Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows Xp or Windows 7?

What do you thing about these, Which is better in use?
    Win Xp or Win 7

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    newsgroupie
    It's nice to see that people are still even asking this question (even if for the billionth time)

Within a year or so after Windows XP came out, anyone still using Windows 9x/ME would have been shut out of a lot of software applications, so the choice of upgrading or not was never even much of a choice. (except maybe for a few die-hard DOS game fans) And the question "Which is better?" was rarely debated for long, not unlike the Windows 3/Windows 95 comparison.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    It's nice to see that people are still even asking this question (even if for the billionth time)

Within a year or so after Windows XP came out, anyone still using Windows 9x/ME would have been shut out of a lot of software applications, so the choice of upgrading or not was never even much of a choice. (except maybe for a few die-hard DOS game fans) And the question "Which is better?" was rarely debated for long, not unlike the Windows 3/Windows 95 comparison.
    OK, but this poster is just trying to get access to the invite subfora. So it's really just a bit of fodder.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I stayed with XP as long as I could but like win7, albeit with classic theme and dopus 9. How people can use that OS with aero and windows explorer is beyond me.

What is Classic Shell?
    Classic Shell is a collection of features that were available in older versions of Windows but are removed from Vista and Windows 7. It has a classic start menu for Windows 7, it adds a toolbar for Windows Explorer and supports a variety of smaller features. Look here for the full list.

http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/
    Last edited by yevgeny; 04-08-2012 at 03:40 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I'm using windows 7 x64 tweaked version , installation takes about 10 minutes , and i'm using basic themes .

Window 7 are much faster than xp imo . Why would anyone want to use an os that is over a decade old ? Unless he has low end pc systems

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    OK, but this poster is just trying to get access to the invite subfora.
    His name suggests he's just going to edit his posts to add a spam link later. I can feel it.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    OK, but this poster is just trying to get access to the invite subfora.
    His name suggests he's just going to edit his posts to add a spam link later. I can feel it.
    What kind of links? It's an outright mystery.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Well according to me Windows XP is the best OS of all time and much reliable than Win 7.
    Last edited by manker; 04-05-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: stop spamming.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by samwatson1 View Post
    Well according to me Windows XP is the best OS of all time and much reliable than Win 7.
    Please become banned watson, report your posts for link spamming.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    snehaseo1
    Window 7 has much more features than Window XP , but Window XP is much more reliable than Window 7, but both are good

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast