Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dictators need torrents too.

hey, has anyone ever been connected to a peer from North Korea while torrenting?

This just got me curious the other day... You gotta figure that if you were connected to a peer from North Korea, it could only be like a handful of people seeing as EVERYTHING is censored for just about everyone other than Kim Jong-Il (now dead... do NOT R.I.P.... rot in hell) and his family...

I just can't help but think how hilarious it would be if the big bad commie dictator liked Britney Spears or something like that.

So, anyone? I'm curious as to what the late dear leader's taste in music and movies are!
    Last edited by deiby; 04-15-2012 at 03:09 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Pretty certain they'd be using a VPN. Also, the stretch of faith here would be that a N. Korean has a computer and a decent internet connection.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    oh yea, you're probably right. But when I referred to North Korean, I was pretty much referring to Kim Jong-Il, his family, and his small circle of the "elite" class. I would think they would have no problem with a good system or connection seeing as how they have 99% of the wealth in the entire country.

The rest of the people, of course, wouldn't even be able to access the internet (probably under threat of imprisonment) even if they had a computer (aside from some bullshit propaganda websites created by the government).

I do remember reading that Kim Jong-Il considered himself an "internet expert" and had a lot of western tastes when it came to music and movies and That's what got me thinking about it in the first place. (he loved movies so much that he actually kidnapped a South Korean actress and her director husband and forced them to make a propaganda film!)
    Last edited by deiby; 04-16-2012 at 12:10 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Did you read about his golfing hobby?
    He was an expert at that too.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    I imagine he had his own tracker. What was it called again?
    x264 I think

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    x264 I think
    lol. that's actually one of the trackers i'm trying to get into.. is it THAT bad??

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by deiby View Post
    x264 I think
    lol. that's actually one of the trackers i'm trying to get into.. is it THAT bad??
    Well, they're not strict or anything. But I'm not sure which I'd be first to call a cunt between x264 staff and Kim Jong Il, mostly because the latter is dead and I've never had to experience the agony of him trying and failing to make a point while keeping his ego clutched to his chest.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by deiby View Post

Well, they're not strict or anything. But I'm not sure which I'd be first to call a cunt between x264 staff and Kim Jong Il, mostly because the latter is dead and I've never had to experience the agony of him trying and failing to make a point while keeping his ego clutched to his chest.
    Bitter somehow suits you.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I heard mjmacky put up some substandard rips.
    Just saying.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I heard mjmacky put up some substandard rips.
    Just saying.
    It's probably just a coincidence, but there have been no new RIPs since KIM JONG-IL left the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast