Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: old scene stuff

Where's the best place to find old scene releases? The stuff I'm looking for was released like 3 years ago so it's right around the retention limit for my newsgroup server and so even for the episodes I can get the nzb and d/l, so many parts are missing making repair impossible. Looked all over the web on DDL sites but no luck there... are private trackers my only hope? would they even carry scene stuff from that far back?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by deiby View Post
    are private trackers my only hope? would they even carry scene stuff from that far back?
    The biggest trackers tend to have nice retention - I recall TL still had some torrents from 2004 and 2005.

If you tell us what you're looking for, we might find it somewhere.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Hey thanks for the reply. The show I am looking for is called "Shamwari: A Wild Life" Series 1. The release group was COUNCiL and I think there were 15 episodes.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    ExtraDry's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    use the request section at your favourite tracker

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    anon: I guess you (or anyone else) didn't see it anywhere?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    anon: I guess you (or anyone else) didn't see it anywhere?
    I looked in the usual places for rare files, but found nothing Didn't try eMule, though...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Use file searchers, you may find what you looking for:

http://www.filestube.com/
    http://www.hotfilesearch.com/

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    ah well, thanks for trying. I guess my only hope is to find a newsgroup server that has binary retention over 1266 days (not likely) and even then, all the parts would still have to be there (haha) AND I'd have to figure out how to access their server without paying for it (yea right)

oh and one last thing... what do you think is a good scene tracker that I wouldn't have too hard a time finding an invite for?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    oh and one last thing... what do you think is a good scene tracker that I wouldn't have too hard a time finding an invite for?
    The aforementioned TL was giving invites on IRC some time ago. I don't know if they still do, but in that case all you need to do is sending your e-mail address as chat message and boom, you're invited.

http://filenetworks.blogspot.com.ar/...ch-invite.html

Hope it helps.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Just a heads up. TL doesn't allow request for stuff pre'd more than 7 days ago.

As for nice 0-day trackers you need one that allows users to request stuff. Hmm.. maybe IPT or PreToMe as I'm not a member of those and they are huge. Unfortunately most regular 0-day seem to be complete crap when it comes to requests for older stuff. Even some of the really "l33t" ones.

I have to echo emule. I only tried it once for something I would have never ever have found on any regular tracker. After 3 days I had a more than decent P2P rip of it.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 04-14-2012 at 01:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast