Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting in contact with other members

Quote Originally Posted by ckrit View Post
    To be fair, dave, it was only you who read much into that or thought it was mental.
    I don't think you can blame me for all of you paying no attention to her posts about how she knew I wasn't any danger to her. Which is where that flid out came from.

2. Lounge   -   #122
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    Quote Originally Posted by mentalman View Post
    To be fair, dave, it was only you who read much into that or thought it was mental.
    I don't think you can blame me for all of you paying no attention to her posts about how she knew I wasn't any danger to her. Which is where that flid out came from.
    dave. There was no "flid out" except in your head.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

3. Lounge   -   #123
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Other favourites of mine include 'wala' when a particularly stupid person thinks they're saying voilą and 'per say' when they mean 'per se'.

I don't know of anyone who would fuck that last one up, do you, Mary؟
    Last edited by manker; 04-23-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #124
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole

dave says he only posts like an idiot because we're mean and don't take him seriously. True story.

So it's all our fault he fucked that up, basically.
    I'm fascinated by this obsession some of you have with the grammar and spelling of posts which you all claim are meaningless?

I mean personally to me I don't give a fuck of what I post is spelt correctly or uses perfected prose, it's meaningless drivel, none of which I can ever be sure will actually make it onto this board anyway.

Anyway back to the point, these anally retentative urges you and manker have to present your meaningless posts perfectly, does it serve some purpose?
    Well, for starters it makes us not look like blithering idiots.

I hope that helps.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

5. Lounge   -   #125
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    "vica versa" gets me annoyed.

6. Lounge   -   #126
    manker's Avatar effendi

I'm fascinated by this obsession some of you have with the grammar and spelling of posts which you all claim are meaningless?

I mean personally to me I don't give a fuck of what I post is spelt correctly or uses perfected prose, it's meaningless drivel, none of which I can ever be sure will actually make it onto this board anyway.

Anyway back to the point, these anally retentative urges you and manker have to present your meaningless posts perfectly, does it serve some purpose?

I hope that helps.

qft
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Lounge   -   #127

I hope that helps.
    Sorry to disappoint, but the perfected prose and spelling, doesn't detract from the content.

I hope that helps.

8. Lounge   -   #128
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Other favourites of mine include 'wala' when a particularly stupid person thinks they're saying voilą and 'per say' when they mean 'per se'.

There are some I do on purpose to bait technical arguments, but only the English based ones. 2 of note:
    "Intensive purposes"
    "beckon call" (also beckoned call)

However, I try not to fuck with cross-language ones like when latin-based languages enter English dialects. Nobody would get it I feel. Wasn't it you that said per say? I remember it recently and I feel like I participated... can't recall.

Did anyone get the emo <---> immo ?

... anyone?

Last edited by mjmacky; 04-23-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: parenthetical
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

9. Lounge   -   #129
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post

There are some I do on purpose to bait technical arguments, but only the English based ones. 2 of note:
    "Intensive purposes"
    "beckon call" (also beckoned call)

However, I try not to fuck with cross-language ones like when latin-based languages enter English dialects. Nobody would get it I feel. Wasn't it you that said per say? I remember it recently and I feel like I participated... can't recall.

Did anyone get the emo <---> immo ?

... anyone?

You said it and Darthy picked you up on it, which was quite startling in and of itself because of his emulation aspirations.
    I was fairly sure at the time it was a mistake rather than a pseudo-error.

Also, I think you have to be pretty skilful about it, at least initially. You couldn't just do it to a new audience.
    They have to be pre-aware of your non-idiot status - alternatively you could just not care about what people think and do it anyhow.

But we all care, really.

10. Lounge   -   #130
    manker's Avatar effendi

I hope that helps.
    Sorry to disappoint, but the perfected prose and spelling, doesn't detract from the content.

I hope that helps.
    Exactly.
    A perfectly framed post which conveys exactly its intended meaning doesn't detract one iota from the content - and that is precisely the reason I aim to present such posts to my readers.

Ironic that you should be the one to point this out, Dave, since you seem to have no truck with the concept.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast