Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free XSUSENET accounts are limited to 25Gb\month

sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    Sometimes I cannot even log into the xsusenet server, and sometimes the speed is under 500 kilobytes/sec. Just4today seems to be more consistently reliable - and a lot faster.
    True I get the same behavior. However when it does work you cant beat the retention.
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    Sometimes I cannot even log into the xsusenet server, and sometimes the speed is under 500 kilobits/sec. Just4today seems to be more consistently reliable - and a lot faster.
    Same here. I don't know if I could even pull 15gb/month down because their speed and consistency are so poor.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Poster
    has anyone else been having the issue that the site gives either a "Loading" or broken image icon?
    trying to go to the FAQ, login, join us, etc only nets the same results, and the url is kust xsusenet.com/#1 or /#2
    or #3, etc
    I can only access my account by knowing the actual login url.
    trying to create an account at the bottom of the page it tells me that I did not correctly enter the captcha, but there is no captcha there!

is anyone else having all these issues?
    I have tried Chrome, FF, and IE, all the same.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by djmasturbeat View Post
    has anyone else been having the issue that the site gives either a "Loading" or broken image icon?
    trying to go to the FAQ, login, join us, etc only nets the same results, and the url is kust xsusenet.com/#1 or /#2
    or #3, etc
    trying to create an account at the bottom of the page it tells me that I did not correctly enter the captcha, but there is no captcha there!
    Those are all symptoms of having JavaScript disabled.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by djmasturbeat View Post
    or #3, etc
    Those are all symptoms of having JavaScript disabled.
    I had the same problem. I was using Ghostery which blocks tracking. So make sure you have ad blockers and track blockers disabled and you should get the site OK

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Poster
    i think it is ghostery.
    I am using it and a few other similar tools.

thanks for the tip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12