Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I use FTP for file sharing?

Would downloading via FTP be more safer then torrents/magnets?

How do I download using FTP?

Do I download using my browser which is Chrome? Or do I need a client? Which client would be free and the best?

Are there any FTP sites for all ages of music, so I could search for what I like?

Are there any tutorials for downloading using FTP?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky12 View Post
    Would downloading via FTP be more safer then torrents/magnets?
    Firstly, magnet links are another way of starting a BitTorrent download, which relies on obtaining the necessary metadata via DHT instead of a .torrent file.

For the paranoid. the answer to your question would probably depend on who's behind the FTP, how many logs it keeps and where it's located... but it's safer in the sense you don't upload anything yourself, as in Usenet. If you have a working FTP you can leech from, I'll answer your other questions, I'm lazy today.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I was reading that people are getting busted for uploading and not downloading?

If that's the case then I'll stick with magnet links then go into settings then zero out the upload which makes it after downloading then I'm a pure leecher? It's the only way I could stay safe? I don't want to cut off the upload, but it's the only option.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    If that's the case then I'll stick with magnet links then go into settings then zero out the upload
    0 = unlimited

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    It will only suffer speeds. I don't think there is anyway to completely disable sharing to avoid getting busted? Or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    If that's the case then I'll stick with magnet links then go into settings then zero out the upload
    0 = unlimited
    Options -->Preferences-->BitTorrent. Under "Number of Connections". Change the upload slot to "0". Uncheck the use additional slots with <90%. Apply the changes.

That should do it.
    Last edited by rocky12; 03-03-2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Only ftp music site I know of is Adamsfile.

but you must upload some Flac before being able download.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Options -->Preferences-->BitTorrent. Under "Number of Connections". Change the upload slot to "0". Uncheck the use additional slots with <90%. Apply the changes.

That should do it.
    If you say so...

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    LOL. I'll post back asking why my speeds are slow if I do that! I guess I don't want to cut the upload slots to 0?

That should do it.
    If you say so...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Setting the number of upload slots to 0 won't do anything. The people that code uTorrent are a bit smarter than that.

Using a negative number of upload slots did virtually stop uploading most of the time in the 1.8.x branch, but they've fixed that.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I was over a TPB forums the other day. They said the magnet links will work the same way as if someone is getting busted or not. I wish there was a way around this for free.

What about FTP? I don't have a server to leech. Would Adams file be free without invite? Or how does that work? What's the website? Could you answer my questions in my OP?

Setting the number of upload slots to 0 won't do anything. The people that code uTorrent are a bit smarter than that.

Using a negative number of upload slots did virtually stop uploading most of the time in the 1.8.x branch, but they've fixed that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast