Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

View Poll Results: Exterminate the word "aiseesoft" from FST realm

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and kill their first borns

    11 100.00%
  • Don't ban it

    0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: can we hold a vote or something on this prick money scheme?

  1. #21
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idol's guest bedroom
    Posts
    9,771
    I think they have Simple File Verification (CRC32 checksum) and that's about it.
    prostitutin aint easy

  2. ** DONATE to REMOVE This Ad On The Site!! **
    Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
  3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    megabyteme's Avatar 174.61.81.171 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Using Mrs. Nussbaum's CC#
    Posts
    12,877
    Anyone else agree we should ban all instances of IdolEyes787 on the site as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'm precious.

  4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idol's guest bedroom
    Posts
    9,771
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Anyone else agree we should ban all instances of IdolEyes787 on the site as well?
    Wouldn't we be just doing him a favor?

    Hypothetically, if it happened, I'd request sole privilege of inviting him back every day.
    prostitutin aint easy

  5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    newsgroupie
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I think they have Simple File Verification (CRC32 checksum) and that's about it.
    A CRC32 checksum is not unique to a single file, and can be spoofed. I don't know how easy it would be for someone to create a virus with the same CRC value as another file (I'm guessing not easy) but injecting random data into a file to while keeping the same CRC value, I believe can easily be done, and has been done on older P2P networks that used CRC32 for verification.

    So if you're going to use a checksum for file verification, why not use a more modern, secure one? (or maybe even include both, for the benefit of people with ancient computers)

  6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idol's guest bedroom
    Posts
    9,771
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I think they have Simple File Verification (CRC32 checksum) and that's about it.
    A CRC32 checksum is not unique to a single file, and can be spoofed. I don't know how easy it would be for someone to create a virus with the same CRC value as another file (I'm guessing not easy) but injecting random data into a file to while keeping the same CRC value, I believe can easily be done, and has been done on older P2P networks that used CRC32 for verification.

    So if you're going to use a checksum for file verification, why not use a more modern, secure one? (or maybe even include both, for the benefit of people with ancient computers)
    That's the long version for "that's about it".



    9 yay, 0 nay, that's a unanimous supreme court justice decision. So, like, would it be worth anybody's time to set something in place that automatically changes every instance of aiseesoft to imafag? Switching notes, I thought I read there's a way in vB to auto delete posts with certain keywords based on weight or something.

    That individual or group of people that keep spamming up the Movies & TV forum with rapidgator et al. links shoots for 50 threads at a time. I'm honing on this with unusual attention since I don't like it when the same people keep fucking up my rhythm.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 04-26-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    prostitutin aint easy

  7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idol's guest bedroom
    Posts
    9,771
    Haven't seen an adseesoft post in a short while, they on break or is there a special new filter?

    Also, the referral link posts seem to be heating up like free spoons at a heroin test kitchen.
    rapidgator and hitfile and what not.
    prostitutin aint easy

  8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Also, the referral link posts seem to be heating up like free spoons at a heroin test kitchen.
    rapidgator and hitfile and what not.
    When there's no staff online, they post them like a minigun shoots bullets
    "Mods or admin don't get paid, which is fair enough as I'm pretty sure most of them would spend it on crack." -- manker

    "Stop being contrary just to be contrary as that is my job here." -- IdolEyes787

  9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Artemis's Avatar ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    6,247
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Also, the referral link posts seem to be heating up like free spoons at a heroin test kitchen.
    rapidgator and hitfile and what not.
    When there's no staff online, they post them like a minigun shoots bullets
    This latest raft of spambots are all operating on a similar timeframe as well as it seems similar coding. They appear between 10:00a.m. 2:00p.m. G.M.T. so roughly a four hour window. I am +12 G.M.T. so it is easy to correlate.

    4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73


  10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    newsgroupie
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,038
    Another carpet-bombing, this time an hour or two earlier than usual.
    "I am definitely not trying to plug our site" -- nntpjunkie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •