View Poll Results: Exterminate the word "aiseesoft" from FST realm

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and kill their first borns

11 100.00%
  • Don't ban it

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: can we hold a vote or something on this prick money scheme?

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I think they have Simple File Verification (CRC32 checksum) and that's about it.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Anyone else agree we should ban all instances of IdolEyes787 on the site as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Anyone else agree we should ban all instances of IdolEyes787 on the site as well?
    Wouldn't we be just doing him a favor?

Hypothetically, if it happened, I'd request sole privilege of inviting him back every day.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    newsgroupie
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I think they have Simple File Verification (CRC32 checksum) and that's about it.
    A CRC32 checksum is not unique to a single file, and can be spoofed. I don't know how easy it would be for someone to create a virus with the same CRC value as another file (I'm guessing not easy) but injecting random data into a file to while keeping the same CRC value, I believe can easily be done, and has been done on older P2P networks that used CRC32 for verification.

So if you're going to use a checksum for file verification, why not use a more modern, secure one? (or maybe even include both, for the benefit of people with ancient computers)

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    A CRC32 checksum is not unique to a single file, and can be spoofed. I don't know how easy it would be for someone to create a virus with the same CRC value as another file (I'm guessing not easy) but injecting random data into a file to while keeping the same CRC value, I believe can easily be done, and has been done on older P2P networks that used CRC32 for verification.

So if you're going to use a checksum for file verification, why not use a more modern, secure one? (or maybe even include both, for the benefit of people with ancient computers)
    That's the long version for "that's about it".

9 yay, 0 nay, that's a unanimous supreme court justice decision. So, like, would it be worth anybody's time to set something in place that automatically changes every instance of aiseesoft to imafag? Switching notes, I thought I read there's a way in vB to auto delete posts with certain keywords based on weight or something.

That individual or group of people that keep spamming up the Movies & TV forum with rapidgator et al. links shoots for 50 threads at a time. I'm honing on this with unusual attention since I don't like it when the same people keep fucking up my rhythm.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 04-26-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Haven't seen an adseesoft post in a short while, they on break or is there a special new filter?

Also, the referral link posts seem to be heating up like free spoons at a heroin test kitchen.
    rapidgator and hitfile and what not.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    Also, the referral link posts seem to be heating up like free spoons at a heroin test kitchen.
    When there's no staff online, they post them like a minigun shoots bullets
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    When there's no staff online, they post them like a minigun shoots bullets
    This latest raft of spambots are all operating on a similar timeframe as well as it seems similar coding. They appear between 10:00a.m. 2:00p.m. G.M.T. so roughly a four hour window. I am +12 G.M.T. so it is easy to correlate.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    newsgroupie
    Another carpet-bombing, this time an hour or two earlier than usual.
    "I am definitely not trying to plug our site" -- nntpjunkie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123