Thread: Is my ISP spying on me?

Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    So I've been muttering darkly about my bloody ISP and saying that I should get rid of them and talking to friends and all the usual, you know the things you usually do when whom ever it is pisses you off and you decide to hunt around and change. I've gone and checked out some of the other providers and had a look a their plans for comparison etc. and was just steeling my self for the big fuck you when I get this letter in the mail.... Dear Subscriber.... We are going to give you 60Gb more Data per month each starting from your next billing cycle and reduce the plan by $20.

I was to say the least, dumbfounded, more than a little thrilled at having two thirds more data and paying less into the bargain, and then the paranoia kicked in.

Maybe they knew I was thinking about leaving?

Maybe they monitor the websites I go to?

Why are they being so nice?

I'm scared now
    Last edited by Artemis; 04-25-2012 at 11:07 AM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. Lounge   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    To test your theory start obsessing on killing the PM and see if the authorities show up.

Btw I hate my ISP fees and would totally love to downgrade to cut costs but to save myself a paltry $15 whole dollars they would cap me at 15GB/month .I figure if I am silly enough to do that then just get rid the internet entirely.

If they only knew how close I am to going on a mass killing spree they wouldn't toy with me like that.Also to those monitoring me that was just a joke.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Well your entire country has a population under 5 million, then subtract out kids, elderly, and all the other disconnected, divvy up the customer base among the ISPs, and it wouldn't be all that much of a challenge to start monitoring its users.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    To test your theory start obsessing on killing the PM and see if the authorities show up.

Hey that's a great idea! He's only slightly left-wing of Hitler, and he has been putting more money into the surveillance budget and changing the laws surrounding video/audio of potential suspects. Let's see if it's public money well spent.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Your ISP spying on you is the least of your worries I guess ... he has no financial gain in losing you as a customer hasn't he.
    Unless it's the authorities that ordered him to do so, to be able to build a rock-solid case against you and to send you behind bars for teh rest of your life.
    Can you feel the LOVE

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    A happy coincidence. Nothing more.

My interwebs is supposed to be 50mb, and unlimited. It's all lies. They (my ISP) seem to toy with my speed, like a cat with half a dead mouse.
    Now go away.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Yeah, Arty. Disme is right.
    They never gave you extra free stuff before you posted a :naughty: smilie at Chloe Moretz' tits in the other thread.

It's just a matter of time, mate
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    A happy coincidence. Nothing more.

My interwebs is supposed to be 50mb, and unlimited. It's all lies. They (my ISP) seem to toy with my speed, like a cat with half a dead mouse.
    I live in the country i.e. the last place in the world to get high speed data lines normally. In fact because of the telco monopoly they just said there are only 3% of subscribers in the countryside, they can piss off we don't care. It took active lobbying to force them to change and eventually the company was broken up. But I digress, they still weren't in any great burning hurry to do anything particularly for rural subscribers.....excepting I happen to live not too far away from this huge event center that has events that are televised around the world so they need highspeed data access into and out of the site. As a result I have truly awesome cellphone reception and my DSL link runs rings around the speed of friends in town, I'm so sad......