Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's most important in a good game?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    In total seriousness, I will pay whoever is in charge 100 dollars for every post that ignores every basic tenet of grammar they delete.

I mean besides this one,obviously.

Failing that please kill Meg and me in that order.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Games   -   #32
    I've always been an RPG player myself, what gets me coming back to games is seeing progression and how from striving through the game and constantly leveling and questing building yourself up and comparing where you were first in the game. Makes you feel at least a little bit good for the numerous hours you end up wasting

3. Games   -   #33
    Games that give you the feeling of progression and have a good story are the ones i like the most

4. Games   -   #34
    robertrust's Avatar n00b
    It's all about the plot and free roaming. Graphics are essential too, but I think the story is what matters most. Games like Bioshock Infinite are good examples.

5. Games   -   #35
    Graphics would be the first most important thing for me. And then the game story.

6. Games   -   #36
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by chinomoreno View Post
    Graphics would be the first most important thing for me. And then the game story.
    If a game was a painting then yes.Even then most not insane people would argue that most,if not all photorealistic paintings lack the soul of the masterworks.

Being able to make something look real is an acquired skill while being able to make you feel something is a God given talent.Hence lots of capable journeymen,few true geniuses.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Games   -   #37
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Being able to make something look real is an acquired skill while being able to make you feel something is a God given talent.Hence lots of capable journeymen,few true geniuses.
    I generally feel like choking the life out of you, Picasso.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Games   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I'm a teenager. So obviously graphics are most important to me. Fuck the gameplay...
    lol... with gameplay they mean being able to do many things, like in GTA you can get get guns, bazookas, steal cars, boats, bikes and even aircraft.

Gameplay is probably thee most important part. Face it, a game where you can only shoot with one gun and can only walk, not sprint, with dumb enemies, is boring.

Prey, GTA and Jericho are awesome examples of good gameplay.

My opinion. Love it, leave it...

9. Games   -   #39
    oliveb
    gameplay is number 1

10. Games   -   #40
    (obviously?) intuitive gamplay is first. but plot is short behind. third place: overall presentation.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast