Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave's blog

Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Yon frabnocker hasn't killed me yet from the last round of death threats when I kindly volunteered to throw myself under the Dave Bus for the sake of the team. Mind you I think he would have problems getting the baseball bat and the machete through the airport scanners, and the twitching is probably going to earn him a cavity search.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    OK That was a fascinating forum, I've learned a lot

Bottom line is the general consensus is that a machete would be better, except for the one guy (I'm assuming it's Blade Forum's equivalent of Dave) who thinks having no weapons and some martial arts training is best...

3. Lounge   -   #33
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    The URL you are attempting to access has been blocked. Your organization's policy prohibits accessing this Web site.

URL: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...bat-vs-machete
    Category: Weapons
    :sadface:

And anyways, they're all wrong. That machete won't cut through a baseball bat, and assuming you keep going so they have to block it, I expect the weight of the baseball bat will win the day.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post

Bottom line is the general consensus is that a machete would be better, except for the one guy (I'm assuming it's Blade Forum's equivalent of Dave) who thinks having no weapons and some martial arts training is best...
    Thanks for doing the down & dirty research. The guy says 27 years of training, but I'm picking him out as a slow learner...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post

Thanks for doing the down & dirty research. The guy says 27 years of training, but I'm picking him out as a slow learner...
    This was may favourite post, for many reasons...

Been in the Martial Arts for over 45 years. Competed at all levels and in different disciplines for many years and taught for just as many, including former special forces guys and the local law enforcement. If I had a choice of empty hands or a weapon versus another weapon. I will pick any weapon anytime. If you for a second think that going empty handed is better...... then you haven't got a clue. If you have done any research or know a bit of Martial Arts history then you will know that empty handed was only for when you were...........well, empty handed.
    Back to the op. I have used both knife and bat in street fights. On that I will say I 'll take the machete. It is actually a tool that I practice with very often.
    Kind regards

6. Lounge   -   #36
    manker's Avatar effendi
    So basically; Dave's hierarchy of rock hardness looks like this:

1. chavois
    2. Squeams
    3. Me
    4. Dave

I've put chavois at the top because whereas he just had to arm himself to be safe from the massive and real threat posed by a girl and her accountant, he actually moved house to escape the Great Irish Threat
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    manker's Avatar effendi
    'Kind regards'
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrit View Post
    The URL you are attempting to access has been blocked. Your organization's policy prohibits accessing this Web site.

URL: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...bat-vs-machete
    Category: Weapons
    :sadface:

And anyways, they're all wrong. That machete won't cut through a baseball bat, and assuming you keep going so they have to block it, I expect the weight of the baseball bat will win the day.
    MikeC (Registered user) says...

If I remember my history right, didn't we progress from clubs to edge weapons? Just asking......
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-26-2012 at 11:36 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    'Kind regards'
    inorite

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    So basically; Dave's hierarchy of rock hardness looks like this:

1. chavois
    2. Squeams
    3. Me
    4. Dave

I've put chavois at the top because whereas he just had to arm himself to be safe from the massive and real threat posed by a girl and her accountant, he actually moved house to escape the Great Irish Threat
    When it turns out it was the Great Welsh Threat all the time

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast