View Poll Results: What format do you prefer for scene SD TV?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • x264 (mp4)

18 75.00%
  • XviD (avi)

6 25.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mp4 TV shows

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'm a firm believer that my previous post was the most intelligent one in this thread.
    fuck off, idiot.

xvid.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    I agree that the logos or popups for other shows are a major distraction. You have a dramatic scene and all over sudden some commercial for a girl show on the same station pops up. That's why I love the 720p iTunes versions. You can download a whole season without that crap way ahead of the DVD or BR release. Scene only trackers don't know what they're missing. I just watched Justified S03 from iTunes. Way better experience than HDTV caps. I don't even know the stations they are capped from and I'm definitely not interested in what's next or some other annoying advertisment.

I'm really thankful for the uploaders who buy from iTunes and share with us. In a perfect world they would use an mp4 container instead of mkv but you can't have everything.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by heiska View Post
    I'm a firm believer that my previous post was the most intelligent one in this thread.
    fuck off, idiot.

xvid.
    Well I guess the searing wit of your post really put me in my place didn't it.
    Btw I know that you're incredible pool of courage wishes that it could say that directly to my face and only the limitations of the internet allowing you to hide like a frightened child prevents it .

Anyway other things that heiska doesn't understand but still hates: Words with more than six letters.Traffic signals. Kites.Any humour lacking references to poo. Himself.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    It is that sort thing that catches my attention, not pixels.
    What about big globular type blurry blocks? I find those distracting, I don't know what they're hiding. There are so many cocks you could hide in a scene. That and confoundingly unreadable text.

Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    I prefer x264 for torrent downloads (because of the small filesize) but xvid for usenet downloads (because of wider playability)-- but the poll does not offer a choice of "it depends" - only one or the other, so I did not cast a vote.
    Utilizing the mp4 container is aimed at playability though. Have you tried to play any of those? The SD xvids and avcs are going to both be relatively small filesizes.

Needed a six letter word.

Examples:
    yes fucker
    fucking yes
    Last edited by mjmacky; 04-27-2012 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

Needed a six letter word.

Examples:
    yes fucker
    fucking yes

I always wanted a sidekick.Frankly though I was hoping for someone a little more Batgirly.

Also what kind of a poll doesn't have a yes option? Push polls .Little wonder I'm opposed.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-27-2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Push Poll:

Would finding out Idol only wears kitten ears every other day make him seem less appealing?
    [ ] yes
    [ ] no

Follow-up:

Would it disturb you to learn he made them from dead kitten ears?
    [ ] yes
    [ ] no
    Last edited by mjmacky; 04-27-2012 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Would finding out Idol only wears kitten ears every other day make him seem less appealing?
    [] yes
    [X ] no
    As long as he isn't in full furry costume regalia.

Follow-up:

Would it disturb you to learn he made them from dead kitten ears?
    [ ] yes
    [X] no
    Considering all of the feral cats outside here that keep me up at night, population control is a good thing. Now if he just went after his neighbor's cats......

Oh, and on topic, voted for x264. Compatibility is good these days, XviD is dying a slow death, etc.
    Last edited by kingeater; 04-28-2012 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Making an on topic point

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Little known fact:

Idol began collecting kitten ears in 'NAM. Oddly enough, it was during a 2005 visit to kNottsberryfArM. It changes a man.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    The worst were the tunnel cats.I still have nightmares.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The worst were the tunnel cats.I still have nightmares.

[video]
    We mustn't forget, it changes a kitten, too...

BTW, while searching for a reasonable clip to include here, it occurred to me how mundane people's lives must be to post video clips of their pets doing ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast