Thread: Astraweb 1000GB Block Acc For $50

Is it worth it or is there other providers offering better than this? I download less than 100GB/mth

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    1TB block for 50$ is the best bang for buck you will get
    i think it is well worth the price and more

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    No/yes. Only worth it if you DL less than 60GB per month. I prefer unlimited anyway. And wait, if you like 720p or above it won't enough.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hole69 View Post
    No/yes. Only worth it if you DL less than 60GB per month. I prefer unlimited anyway. And wait, if you like 720p or above it won't enough.
    i think you did math wrong, most unlimited accounts are ten dollars a month so it's only worth it if you download under 200GB a month, but astrawebs $10 account is limited to 10mbit if you need more speed than that it's $15 a month so it's actually worth it if you need unlimited speed and astraweb and download under 300GB a month.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    newsgroupie
    For users of under 100GB/month, a 1TB block account is probably about the best value out there, since compared to a monthly account, there is practically nothing available for under $5/month (the equivalent cost) that does not have some sort of major limitation.

There are occasional specials offered of 1TB blocks for a few dollars below 50, but every one that I ever saw was from a Highwinds reseller, and I would definitely not recommend Highwinds over Astraweb.

Quote Originally Posted by jefffisher View Post
    astrawebs $10 account is limited to 10mbit if you need more speed than that it's $15 a month
    Astraweb's $15/mo account has also been offered as the $11 "Kleverig Special" for the last 4 years (as a "limited time" special) ... for anyone who did not know.
    "I am definitely not trying to plug our site" -- nntpjunkie

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I would say check your clients to figure out how much you've been downloading. I think that works right? Astraweb unlimited plans don't tell you when you login.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.